DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Cape May, New Jersey

I had no idea Cape May was so interesting. Looks more like a town in the UK, doesn't look like the small towns in America. Nice flying.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
If you were ever to think about recutting it, I would recommend looking to shorten it a little by taking out some of those similar shots and just choose the best two or three clips of each (for instance of the red tower) and less of the streets. Now don’t think I’m flaming it because I’m definitely not - I enjoyed it and watched it through to the end which is something I seldom do. It really did invoke in me an interest in seeing the place in person, I felt like going there! A real slice of life. Well done!

I had no idea Cape May was so interesting. Looks more like a town in the UK, doesn't look like the small towns in America. Nice flying.
Cape May is indeed a fascinating and unique beach town. It has the largest collection of Victorian homes in the U.S... a lot more than you can imagine watching this video. I had a lot more footage of houses and streets that didn't make the cut for the sake of shot variety and length. Here's a couple pages of photos I took of both aerial and ground level - Cape May, NJ - August, 2021
For anyone who's never been to Cape May, NJ, I highly, highly recommend it. You can walk the streets for hours seeing the wonderful vacation rental houses and gardens, historical features, shopping promenade area. The very wide beach is one of the best you'll find on the East Coast. Because there's a (nominal) daily fee for people who aren't renting or residents, it's sparsely populated, contrasted with Wildwood, NJ about 20 minutes North, which IMO is a mob scene I vowed to never visit again. Wildwood does have an amusement park I intended to film at night, but didn't get around to it. Another are prominently featured in the video is the Lighthouse, which is adjacent to a wonderful nature preserve.

51380160767_77fca73b65_o.jpg51380162882_cc88d1077c_o.jpg51380926886_e83920313f_o.jpg51380927456_2ea0072e2f_o.jpg51381162083_f64f027b8b_o.jpg51381937080_937f6d7ab6_o.jpg

If you were ever to think about recutting it, I would recommend looking to shorten it a little by taking out some of those similar shots and just choose the best two or three clips of each (for instance of the red tower) and less of the streets. Now don’t think I’m flaming it because I’m definitely not - I enjoyed it and watched it through to the end which is something I seldom do. It really did invoke in me an interest in seeing the place in person, I felt like going there! A real slice of life. Well done!
Yeh, I've been trying to get through some of the backlog of videos quickly. I typically have a whole lot of footage to sort through and I'm assembling it to the length of the music track. There's obviously a lot of redundancy, particularly the Cape May Lighthouse. This video would be a little more complete with more beach and ocean shots and a trip up to the Wildwood Amusement Park at night.

Yeh, I've been trying to get through some of the backlog of videos quickly. I typically have a whole lot of footage to sort through and I'm assembling it to the length of the music track. There's obviously a lot of redundancy, particularly the Cape May Lighthouse. This video would be a little more complete with more beach and ocean shots and a trip up to the Wildwood Amusement Park at night.
That would be amazing - Do it! The town looks an incredible place. I know nothing about the area, so am going to devour some stuff online - thanks!

The MP2Pro footage still looks fabulous.
True that. I would have expected to have upgraded a couple times by now, except that the camera is so good. I should point out that half of this footage is from the MA2, which I bought only because the M2P was out for repair at a critical time. The MA2S came out only 2 months after unfortunately. I’d much rather have the S, but the MA2 camera is pretty good in normal daylight. I finally did upgrade to the M3 Classic last week. The M2P is sort of a clumsy flier.