DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Capturing the MAYHEM ! Of the cities glow

Nice photos

Nice photos
Very nice shots. Every year as a tradition we were invited to a bay side penthouse (36th floor) apartment to view the 4th of July fireworks. This year, the husband passed away, and so did our ticket to the show. He was a dear friend for many years.

I usually set up my Nikon on a sturdy tripod, and use a slow shutter of about 1/8 to 1/4th second to capture the dying embers and trails. I had to take 50 -60 shots to get a few that were worth keeping. I try to keep the ISO down to less than 400.

You might want to try opening the foreground with the masking tool as I have taught. Select masking tool, select linear gradient, then drag to horizon, and then open the shadows and exposure. Either Lightroom or Photoshop will work. The new upgrade of the masking tool allows you to select sky then hit the coma key or 3 dots, and invert, which will place the selection from the sky to the foreground. Your foregrounds are all solid black without details.

DaleEdited version.jpg

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Very nice shots. Every year as a tradition we were invited to a bay side penthouse (36th floor) apartment to view the 4th of July fireworks. This year, the husband passed away, and so did our ticket to the show. He was a dear friend for many years.

I usually set up my Nikon on a sturdy tripod, and use a slow shutter of about 1/8 to 1/4th second to capture the dying embers and trails. I had to take 50 -60 shots to get a few that were worth keeping. I try to keep the ISO down to less than 400.

You might want to try opening the foreground with the masking tool as I have taught. Select masking tool, select linear gradient, then drag to horizon, and then open the shadows and exposure. Either Lightroom or Photoshop will work. The new upgrade of the masking tool allows you to select sky then hit the coma key or 3 dots, and invert, which will place the selection from the sky to the foreground. Your foregrounds are all solid black without details.

DaleView attachment 151294
Dont worry Dale, I posted the 8 Th Picture for you special with the foreground up. That new masking tool is a game changer.

I just wanted all the Focus on the bursts of light.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water. Capture the Burst of light.

Awesome my friend.

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique