DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
I had the same type issue back in October 2019. DJI determined from the flight log it was a propulsion issue which caused the drone to flip. It plummeted from 370 ft. agl and lodged into a tree 115 ft. agl. Unable to retrieve the drone but they still placed it. Because of this I’m always nervous when flying in urban areas. I carry no less than 1.5 million insurance because of that event.

Hey all...New to the forum, but glad to be here.

Recently had a catastrophic crash of my Mavic 2 Pro. I had purchased it second-hand and as far as all my research could tell me , it was in perfect condition. No crashes and only flown a handful of times.

I was flying over a river at a pretty decent horizontal distance. I wanted a little bit more speed for the video so I increased altitude and put into sport mode. There was nothing around the drone to cause a crash, but the aircraft was out of line of sight for me (just due to Horizontal distance, not line of sight bein obstructed). All of a sudden, the video started going crazy and I got the message "Gimbal roll reached movement limit" then the message "Motor Idling, propeller loose or missing" then the message "Gyroscope data error, contact DJI support" then a weak GPS signal and the warning "Satellite positioning off, fly with caution." The aircraft then switched to backup IMU and gave the message "IMU attitude error, restart the aircraft."

The aircraft then crashed into the bank of the river, thankfully not in it, but all of the arms and propellers were broken, the body became slightly separated, the camera and gimble were completely broken off, the camera lens shattered, and the battery weirdly only slightly damaged.

I'm wondering what actually happened to my aircraft? I'm not sure what would cause any of this. Aircraft was working flawlessly up until then. I have no idea if this was user error or something unavoidable? I did not have DJI care refresh on this particular aircraft and I'm not quite sure what to do about any repairs for it. I have since purchased a new Mavic 2 Zoom with DJI care refresh so I don't have to go through this again.

If anyone could give me some assistance or some answers, It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
you likely bought a used drone. you didn't replace the props before use. the prior owner had "never crashed it" , but had a propeller incident that went unnoticed. I was lucky with mine. the props looked like the cat/dog got it as a chew toy. am I wrong? sorry man , that was a tough break..

Hey all...New to the forum, but glad to be here.

Recently had a catastrophic crash of my Mavic 2 Pro. I had purchased it second-hand and as far as all my research could tell me , it was in perfect condition. No crashes and only flown a handful of times.

I was flying over a river at a pretty decent horizontal distance. I wanted a little bit more speed for the video so I increased altitude and put into sport mode. There was nothing around the drone to cause a crash, but the aircraft was out of line of sight for me (just due to Horizontal distance, not line of sight bein obstructed). All of a sudden, the video started going crazy and I got the message "Gimbal roll reached movement limit" then the message "Motor Idling, propeller loose or missing" then the message "Gyroscope data error, contact DJI support" then a weak GPS signal and the warning "Satellite positioning off, fly with caution." The aircraft then switched to backup IMU and gave the message "IMU attitude error, restart the aircraft."

The aircraft then crashed into the bank of the river, thankfully not in it, but all of the arms and propellers were broken, the body became slightly separated, the camera and gimble were completely broken off, the camera lens shattered, and the battery weirdly only slightly damaged.

I'm wondering what actually happened to my aircraft? I'm not sure what would cause any of this. Aircraft was working flawlessly up until then. I have no idea if this was user error or something unavoidable? I did not have DJI care refresh on this particular aircraft and I'm not quite sure what to do about any repairs for it. I have since purchased a new Mavic 2 Zoom with DJI care refresh so I don't have to go through this again.

If anyone could give me some assistance or some answers, It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
Sorry no answers. But, my similar experience pitched my Mavic 2 Pro into a lake where it sand 17 feet according to the logs. Be warned! I just learned that Mavic 2 is NOT covered for replacement by DJI Refresh. DJI Technical Support says "DJI Care Refresh Flyaway are only applicable for the following units... DJI Air 2S, Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2 and DJI Mini SE." Please read your DJI Refresh details carefully.

Reactions: sharkface
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaffainNL