DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Chasing rainbows

Tried to catch this rainbow but I wasn't fast enough.​

View attachment 157943
So far, there are no replies to your post. I took the liberty of editing this image by
leveling the horizon
Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW Masking tool to edit the sky and bring out the rainbow
Also used masking tool inverted to edit the foreground-increased exposure and clarity
Here are the two side by side.
Click on image to enlarge.
Original.jpgEdited.jpg

Reactions: R.Cowan
Have to say Dale the work you’ve done peps the image up nicely. The rainbow looks a bit weird but maybe the California sunshine and air moisture do funny things. Overall and nice shot anyway.

Have to say Dale the work you’ve done peps the image up nicely. The rainbow looks a bit weird but maybe the California sunshine and air moisture do funny things. Overall and nice shot anyway.
So happy you liked it Twickers. Some people take offense if I suggest an edit. Many people on the forum are not cognizant of the amazing abilities of software editing. To me, an image is not complete until it is properly edited. Nothing that comes straight out of the drone is ever perfect. Especially when shooting images with HDR (high dynamic range) where there is a large range of lighting between the sky and the foreground. Each part of the image can now be edited separately to open up the dark foregrounds that are usually overpowered by the bright light from the sky on the camera sensor.

Dale

So far, there are no replies to your post. I took the liberty of editing this image by
leveling the horizon
Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW Masking tool to edit the sky and bring out the rainbow
Also used masking tool inverted to edit the foreground-increased exposure and clarity
Here are the two side by side.
Click on image to enlarge.
View attachment 157970View attachment 157971
I like your edits!

It's really tricky for me to get these shots because I have to find just the right conditions where I won't soak my drone.

Lately I've been wondering if I should let AI do my editing, or do it manually. Have you tried any of the new AI photo editing tools?

I like your edits!

It's really tricky for me to get these shots because I have to find just the right conditions where I won't soak my drone.

Lately I've been wondering if I should let AI do my editing, or do it manually. Have you tried any of the new AI photo editing tools?
Yes- My entire work flow now revolves around the masking tools of Adobe Photoshop.

ALL of the new Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom masking tools are AI based! I can send you some really good video links.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu