DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cheap Mavic accessory that saves me a lot of hassle

kona

Reactions
This thing makes it so much easier to get the Mavic ready for storage. Putting the original gimbal clamp on always was very finicky for me, and it is so easy to loose that thing to. Then put the dome over it (which by itself is useless since it causes way too much glare). This does it all in one, and is much easier to get over the gimbal too. Highly recommend it.

Amazon.com: Teenitor Lens Filter Gimbal Cover Camera Protector Drone Accessory For DJI Mavic Pro Transparent Gray: Toys & Games
I got mine a couple of weeks ago and I love it!

Reactions: jpbluzharp and kona
Good solution to protect the camera/gimbal and to prevent flying with the gimbal lock in place, which I've done. Price is right. Thanks for the head's up.

Reactions: Kestrel
Yikes, Michael! It's handy, but not worth $39. I think its greatest benefit is not taking off with gimbal locked. Before seeing this thread, I was going to add a thin red strip to the gimbal lock as a "Remove Before Flight" reminder, but this accomplishes that. Only thing is that I also need to pack a clear gimbal protector. I don't fly without it, although if I were taking the highest-quality videos instead of just flying for amusement, I would take it off. Most of the time, my Mavic sits unpacked on a table, where the cat likes to spin the propellers.

I bought one of these for around $10, it was a little tricky to put on the first few times but once I got the hang of it I love it. Spares me from the occasional forgetting to remove the gimbal clamp.

Reactions: kona
So wait.. can this be kept on during flight? I usually take mine off but I wrecked today and got lucky my gimbal didn't get damaged. I'm thinking about flying with a protector on from now on.

So wait.. can this be kept on during flight? I usually take mine off but I wrecked today and got lucky my gimbal didn't get damaged. I'm thinking about flying with a protector on from now on.
No, you don't want it on during flight.

I bought one of these for around $10, it was a little tricky to put on the first few times but once I got the hang of it I love it. Spares me from the occasional forgetting to remove the gimbal clamp.

Yeah, it seems like something about the cutout is slightly off. Still clearly beats the finicky clamp that comes with the Mavic.

Reactions: workfortravel
Thanks for the alternative idea. I'll warn that the sunshades likely won't work -- I've tried three of these and they all move into the image when the drone accelerates forward/sideways.

I agree. I don't use the sunshade, but the combo camera cover/gimbal lock is excellent

Reactions: kona
I agree. I don't use the sunshade, but the combo camera cover/gimbal lock is excellent
I should clarify that it's not the sunshade that moves but the gimbal trying to correct for acceleration such that it moves partly behind the sunshade. I don't think there's a way around this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78