DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Choppy video

jmark

Reactions
Hey, just did my first recording with my M2P. The video was incredibly choppy. Stuttering all over the place.

I'm recording 4k 30fps. I'm using a Sandisk Extreme U3. The videos were taken off the card and I used my Macbook Pro (2013) to look at them in quicktime.

I've used this card for both my original MP and the air without problems. The card isn't even that old. My macbook has had no problems in the past. Although the hard drive is nearly full. Could that also contribute to the stutter? I was also watching the videos via my TV with airplay. I might have also had Lightroom CC open, but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Writing this I realise there are a lot of variables. I'll have another look later

Any suggestions in the meantime. Is the card no longer good enough? Could this be a fault on the actual camera? Or is it more likely a culmination of everything I was doing?

See other threads regarding H.265 and the beast that lies beneath it! ;-)

H.264 is the solution for most pilots with pre-2018 hardware. I know, it's ridiculous! But the image quality with the M2P in H.264 is excellent, obviously more detail with the larger sensor, not as comprehensive as H.265 - but better than all the rest!

We all want the fully loaded H.265, but it's not yet accessible to the majority unless you have the very latest hardware. We are trying to find out if there are any lower cost hardware upgrade paths, but it's early days. :-(

Yeah, it's mostly likely that that is the culprit then. How can you covert it to 264? Or is it a setting in the dji app?

You can convert existing footage to H.264 (not sure which tool/app to recommend) and configure the M2P to record future footage using H.264 in the DJI app.

You can convert existing footage to H.264 (not sure which tool/app to recommend) and configure the M2P to record future footage using H.264 in the DJI app.
Thanks! I'll look into that later. I'm not that bothered about the footage from today. I was more just testing active track. So it's no big loss. I'm guessing this. 265 is enabled from factory?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman