DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Christmas newb

Thank you everyone for the welcome. Thumbswayup

I've got a couple hours of stick time in so far and this thing is an absolute blast! In sports mode it is a screamer. In normal mode it is quick at 20 to 22 mph, but in sport mode it clips along at 34 to 36. I've thoroughly inspected the fields. I've checked the soot buildup in my fathers chimney (get as close as I dared, take pictures straight down and then blow up on the computer).

Local falcons aren't sure what to think and yearling calves are nearly as fascinated as I am. I can fly within a 5 or 6 feet of their face if I move slow and easy. This looks like a good tool for checking eartags. I'm not sure it is entirely practical to record numbers using a drone... but it sure is fun.;)

I've been recording in 4k and the files are huge. I assume all of you photographers do something to make them smaller in order to share them? A 15 minute flight gives me about 8gb of video. I can't exactly attach that to a message to someone. It seems I might need to use my evenings learning something about photography/movie making/whatever this is.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I just received a DJI Mini 2 for Christmas. I'm a total newb
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mini 2:
  • The current Mini 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mini 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mini 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mini 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azod.nem