DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cleaning the camera lens/sensor on the Mavic Pro

That’s weird, I look after my bird and I have not flown for a month or two but this week I got the chance and my footage comes out with this exact issue. To be fair I only have 3 biggish blotches at the top of the screen but they are there on everything photos and video footage
I have cleaned the lense and my nd filters it’s always the exact same blotches any ideas

That’s weird, I look after my bird and I have not flown for a month or two but this week I got the chance and my footage comes out with this exact issue. To be fair I only have 3 biggish blotches at the top of the screen but they are there on everything photos and video footage
I have cleaned the lense and my nd filters it’s always the exact same blotches any ideas
Have you tried on another monitor to see if the pixel problem is the viewing device?

Seeing the same exact thing on my bird. Just appeared. I hadn’t flown for a few weeks, but this week I fired it up to get some sunset photos and noticed three similar spots. Cleaned the glass on the camera and they are still appearing on both photos and videos. Glad to see I’m not the only one with the problem. Would sure like to know how to fix it.

The popular claim is that these circular image artefacts are dust particles on the sensor. I am more inclined to think that it is dust particles, not on the sensor but on the surface of one of the lens’s elements, probably the rear one. A projected shadow finds its way onto the sensor and is typically the shape of the aperture orifice. In a normal camera lens this would be the shape of the leaf diaphragm, but because the Mavic Pro’s camera aperture is not variable it shows up as a perfect circle. If I ever get around to replacing my M1P’s camera I will then attempt to service the affected one. This appears to involve un-gluing the circuit board, at the back of the camera, and upon which the sensor is mounted. This action is most likely going to result in the total destruction of the camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure