DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Combination Stick Command...a bad thing?

Fletcher500

Reactions
I was watching a Dji video regarding the top 10 reasons new flyers crash their drone.

They mentioned that using combination stick commands can sometimes result in the sticks being brought downward and inward, inadvertently. This results in propeller stop, and hence the drone falls to the ground.

Today I was using both sticks to turn in circles while propelling forward. Should I not be doing this?

Or perhaps as a new user it is not advisable but with practice it is ok?

It just seems intuitive that dual sticks are the way to go, as opposed to flying in rectangular vectors.

Today I was using both sticks to turn in circles while propelling forward. Should I not be doing this?
Just don't do a CSC mid-flight and all will be well.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Got it, CSC is what I was originally referring to. The DGI folks in their video reported that has caused a lot of new people to crash their drone. But I suppose if you are careful it is manageable, because flying with dual stick control, simultaneously is common correct?

I don't recall seeing any crashes here that were caused by an accidental CSC. It would be possible to do though.

Reactions: bri808
If one wants to do banked or coordinated turns, both sticks need to be used. I think most of the time, people won't be trying to brake hard in the middle of a turn, while trying to drop altitude.

Reactions: dewster
cSc can only be activated when there is major issue on the craft

cSc can only be activated when there is major issue on the craft
this is not true. Mine crashed last friday while flying with no major issues. I simply forgot to turn off the retarded CSC thing(it resets after a useless firmware upgrade) while i was doing reverse funnels and she fell out of the air and now she is california being repaired. Make sure you turn off the CSC thing in advance settings (which is worded really poorly when you try to turn it off) before you fly.

one more thing when talking to the dji repair facility the csc is one the biggest complaints they have from customers. Maybe in the next firmware upgrade they will disable that retarded function with the sticks.

Yes , I recently learned that one has to set the CSC setting in the DJIGO 4 app to "Emergency" and not the default.

What this setting apparently means is that the drone has to have some emergency impact or blockage of one or more of the propellers and then one can CSC to disable and turn off the props

Reactions: Tricky98
Oh OK so I have it backwards.

Seems like @gixxerbill indicated that his default was not set to Emergency after a firmware upgrade and thats why he recently crashed.

So if the Emergency setting was the default then he would not have been able to perform a mid air CSC command.

Seems like @gixxerbill indicated that his default was not set to Emergency after a firmware upgrade and thats why he recently crashed.

So if the Emergency setting was the default then he would not have been able to perform a mid air CSC command.
Exactly.

Reactions: BD0G

you know i hope that is right but I am not sure if I want to try the reverse funnel move just in case it doesn't work... unless there is a circus net under that mav.

Reactions: WAXMAN
you know i hope that is right but I am not sure if I want to try the reverse funnel move just in case it doesn't work... unless there is a circus net under that mav.
Yeh. Mine is default emergency not CSC
So yours hasnt been updated in a while huh?
Got my mav 2 weeks ago. And 2 updates default is emergency not CSC

Yeh. Mine is default emergency not CSC
So yours hasnt been updated in a while huh?
Got my mav 2 weeks ago. And 2 updates default is emergency not CSC
hmmm I will find that out when I get it back thanks. misskimo

I think you meant to say "the useless funnel move....unless there is a retarded circus net under that mav"... LOL just having a little fun!

I think you meant to say "the useless funnel move....unless there is a retarded circus net under that mav"... LOL just having a little fun!
whatever dude I have hot chicks going ooo and ahhh and my stunt flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy