DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Comparing Mavic Pro To High End Cinema Setup

Very interesting, I enjoy watching videos like that;) so our little ol M2P’s are not so bad, words from a pro;)

Thanks for posting

Reactions: MrMavic
My honest opinion is that I didn't see enough difference being that the Mavic is at $1,000 and the Cinema set up at $100,000.
With the Cinematic set up, you're in a much different category because of the weight. Only the super professionals would be able to see the difference in the end footage.

Reactions: Porky
My honest opinion is that I didn't see enough difference being that the Mavic is at $1,000 and the Cinema set up at $100,000.
With the Cinematic set up, you're in a much different category because of the weight. Only the super professionals would be able to see the difference in the end footage.
On YouTube, sure. YouTube compresses and/or downsamples everything.

It's horses for courses - as they say ... I'm sure you'd see the difference if the latest 'Mission Impossible' movie was shot using a Mavic Pro frather than that ugly Octo-thingy there ...

Also worth noting that all the Mavic shots were single line and camera angle. The Movi is doing complex maneuvers in three dimensions.

Yes, horses for courses.