DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass error

So here is what I did:

1. Connected Mavic to my Mac
2. Launched DJI Assistant 2
3. Confirmed Firmware was correct
4. Calibrated Mavic front sensors and bottom sensors - very different then just your compass calibration
5. Disconnected from Mac, Re-booted Mavic
6. Connected Mavic to iPhone and controller
7. Launched DJI GO App 2
8. Performed an IMU update and rebooted
9. Took outside and calibrated compass
10. Launched and had a great flight with only 1 compass error that lasted maybe a millisecond. I think this fixed it.

I had the same issue today. Calibrated the compass multiple times in different locations. The issue resolved itself when I switched aircraft battery. I suspect the battery was not fully seated into the contacts.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I have thinking about running a computer calibration and interested to hear how everyone's test went.

My compass is pointing close to 90 degrees off. This started about 10 flights ago and a standard calibration has not fixed the issue. The firm wear update earlier this week fixed the issue for a couple flights and then retuned.

I have been getting a continuous compass error(Strong magnetic interference) every time I take my MP out. I have had to recalibrate EVERY single flight – because I am told to by the MP. I think I have finally found the cause. I have been attaching a "mini drone seeker"which is an absolutely fabulous device for retrieving the MP. But when I move it away from the MP I am no longer asked to recalibrate. The instant I place the seeker ANYWHERE on the MP I get the message "strong magnetic interference". I suspect the speaker which is very loud has a strong magnet – Pity though, it's such a good idea. Has anybody got a good workaround?
By the way I was meticulous that ensuring I had nothing (not my Apple Watch) or even the controller near The craft.

I have been getting a continuous compass error(Strong magnetic interference) every time I take my MP out. I have had to recalibrate EVERY single flight – because I am told to by the MP. I think I have finally found the cause. I have been attaching a "mini drone seeker"which is an absolutely fabulous device for retrieving the MP. But when I move it away from the MP I am no longer asked to recalibrate. The instant I place the seeker ANYWHERE on the MP I get the message "strong magnetic interference". I suspect the speaker which is very loud has a strong magnet – Pity though, it's such a good idea. Has anybody got a good workaround?
By the way I was meticulous that ensuring I had nothing (not my Apple Watch) or even the controller near The craft.
Just to make sure I understand. You attach the mini drone seeker, the Mavic directs you to recalibrate and you do, then you can then fly the Mavic without incident. The next time you've left the mini drone seeker attached (or it's re-attached in exactly the same way) but the Mavic wants you to recalibrate?

I am still ocassionaly having the issue where my compass is pointing 90 to 180 degrees off. The idea that I may have the controller too close to the MP during boot sequence never occured to me. Possibly this issue is more likely to happen when using my iPad mini vs the iphone. More flight time will tell.

Just to make sure I understand. You attach the mini drone seeker, the Mavic directs you to recalibrate and you do, then you can then fly the Mavic without incident. The next time you've left the mini drone seeker attached (or it's re-attached in exactly the same way) but the Mavic wants you to recalibrate?

No as long as I leave the mini drone seeker attached I get messages of strong magnetic interference. I have to remove the seeker completely away from the MP . To sum up I have to do without the mini drone seeker– Great pity because it would be such a useful add on!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23