DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

connecting Mini 2 to Samsung A71

GunterDrone

Reactions
hi, i hav just a new Mini 2, the Fly app is on my Samsung A71 but can't connect to the drone?
Samsung is a 64 Bit.
I read that some use the Sam A71. Who can help me....

hi, i hav just a new Mini 2, the Fly app is on my Samsung A71 but can't connect to the drone?
Samsung is a 64 Bit.
I read that some use the Sam A71. Who can help me....
I use the Samsung Tab A7 Lite with the Mini 2. I used the Samsung S7 phone before that. Once I got the info that the Tab A7 had a 64bit processor, I went to DJI.com and the Store, and used a QR scanner app on both the tablet AND the phone to download the DJI Fly app APK file. Running that loaded DJI Fly AND DJI Mimo (I just got the DJI Osmo Pocket camera) with no problem. I took it from that that the S7 phone also had a 64bit processor.
I take it the Samsung A71 is a phone, and has a 64bit processor. I can't say why you are having trouble connecting to the drone. I do have some problems each time I fly with connection from controller/tablet to drone. Make sure you have the "butt" of the drone pointing towards the controller when connecting, and you may have to turn the drone power off and on, but especially make sure the button on the tail is not flashing yellow. If so press it until it turns blue/green and slowly flashes. When DJI Fly says GO FLY on a blue ribbon at the bottom right of the phone/tablet screen, and you can start the motors, you should be good to go.

Sorry you had to wait so long for a response.

Ken

Last edited:
I use a Samsung A71 5G and have no problem using the DJI fly app with either my Mini 2 or Air 2s

Make sure you download the latest app from djis website.

Ken. The A71 is a phone not a tablet. Definitely 64-bit, android 12 os at the latest system update, typically 128gb internal, and 6gb ram. So more than sufficient.

I use a Samsung A71 5G and have no problem using the DJI fly app with either my Mini 2 or Air 2s

Make sure you download the latest app from djis website.

Ken. The A71 is a phone not a tablet. Definitely 64-bit, android 12 os at the latest system update, typically 128gb internal, and 6gb ram. So more than sufficient.
Karl, I corrected my post above to recognize the A71 as a phone. Gunter's problem sounds like it could be one little thing. Every time I fly I have to remember to check all the little things, like which way my Mini 2 is pointing in reference to the Controller, or to turn off the drone, and on again, which is sometimes necessary. Eventually DJI Fly gives me the go ahead (and makes me check the boxes since I'm close to the airport zone, and promise to be good).

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe