DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connection problem

Bernie707

Reactions
I turned on my new mini and controller last week for the first time and was surprised that I got the red “aircraft not connected “ in place of the camera view on the app. The controller and AC are supposed to come linked from the factory. I referred to the manual and YouTube and was able to link them after a couple attempts. I’ve turned the units on a couple times and I got the camera view no problem and was able able to play with the settings in the app. I even started the motors and had about a 20 second flight indoors within about a meter radius, landed and turned off motors no problem.

Today I went out for my first flight and I got the red AC not connected again and I could not connect it through the app using “controller > connect aircraft. I hit retry with no success. I turned everything off and restarted the controller, the mini, my phone and the app. I put my iPhone 7 in airplane mode and normal but it wouldn’t connect. I started with full batteries. At one point I started the motors and turned them off via stick inputs, so there was some connection.

I’m stumped as I don’t know how the controller and mini got unlinked. Anybody else had this problem? I have the FCC model. Thanks

I turned on my new mini and controller last week for the first time and was surprised that I got the red “aircraft not connected “ in place of the camera view on the app. The controller and AC are supposed to come linked from the factory. I referred to the manual and YouTube and was able to link them after a couple attempts. I’ve turned the units on a couple times and I got the camera view no problem and was able able to play with the settings in the app. I even started the motors and had about a 20 second flight indoors within about a meter radius, landed and turned off motors no problem.

Today I went out for my first flight and I got the red AC not connected again and I could not connect it through the app using “controller > connect aircraft. I hit retry with no success. I turned everything off and restarted the controller, the mini, my phone and the app. I put my iPhone 7 in airplane mode and normal but it wouldn’t connect. I started with full batteries. At one point I started the motors and turned them off via stick inputs, so there was some connection.

I’m stumped as I don’t know how the controller and mini got unlinked. Anybody else had this problem? I have the FCC model. Thanks
i know it may sound strange but try a new SD card if you have one ,i had a similar issue and it was fixed after i put in a new card

Reactions: Capt KO
When I got it linked last week I didn’t have an SD card in it but I put one in today before powering up the controller and mini, so when I read your comment thought you were on to something. However I just removed the card and powered on the controller and mini and still couldn’t connect. Does it not stay connected if the sd card is not installed? That would seem weird. Thanks.

When I got it linked last week I didn’t have an SD card in it but I put one in today before powering up the controller and mini, so when I read your comment thought you were on to something. However I just removed the card and powered on the controller and mini and still couldn’t connect. Does it not stay connected if the sd card is not installed? That would seem weird. Thanks.
you have to leave the card in the drone only take it out when you want to upload the content to your computer

Reactions: Bernie707
I am new to the dji and recently purchased a Mavic mini but can only fly it up like 15 feet and it will disconnect from the rc. I even exchanged the drone thinking it was faulty. But the new one does the same thing. We don’t have an sd card in it. From reading this conversation I really hope buying the sd card resolves my problem.

I installed a new sd card and was able to connect with no problems. What’s strange is that the first time I turned on the controller and mini and updated the firmware it was not connected but I followed the procedure in the user manual and it connected. I turned on the controller and AC a second time a couple days later and it connected normally. I did not attempt to fly on these occasions. Both of these times no sd card was installed. As I mentioned in my original post, when I took it out to fly a week later I had an old sd card installed and I could not connect the controller with the AC. Today I installed the new card and it connected fine and I had my first short test flight and everything worked fine with no problems. I was told I need an SD card to connect so I’ll always leave one in I guess.

Reactions: old man mavic
it needs to have an SD card inserted for it to fly,when you have taken your pics or video always make sure that you stop the video recording before you switch off the MM after landing
to make sure you have enough space on your SD card after downloading your stuff to your computer ,put the card back in the drone and then when you start it up to fly next just format the SD card before you take off and that will remove the previous stored pics and video

Reactions: WooZie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Memet