DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Connection Error

mcrksman

Reactions
So I've had my mavic for around a month now and just now I was flying my drone and all of a sudden it said controller error and the screen went black and the controls stopped working. Its different from the usual "gps signal lost" that i get all the time. The controller display still showed it was connected but pressing the RTH button didn't do anything. The battery was already quite low at this point so a short while later it started to auto RTH and I was able to control it using the controller. The app was still showing "controller connection error at the top even when the drone was back on the ground.

Did a search but couldn't find anything on this, has anyone had this problem before? Is it a problem with the connection between the controller and the phone or the controller and the drone? I didn't think of unplugging and plugging the cable back in to the phone because I was panicking.

I'm running android with the latest GO 4 app and the latest firmware.

Welcome to the forum first off,
I have had to unplug the cable and reinstall it before and that did work but then just got a new cable and has never had anymore issues . Might not be your issue but was mine. Good luck .

Reactions: WAXMAN
Usally if you bump the cable or something to that effect when i see that error i just land reboot my phone and don't hit the cable agian..

I've figured out my problem was Samsung usb type c was the cause of my disconnections it's absolutely rubbish I bet all type c connection are the same. It just wouldn't stay in. I've now gone back to my s6 micro usb and it's stopped

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mojusound