DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller display mis-aligned ?

karlak

Reactions
Just got the Mavic and think it is great :)

However, question about the controller. Mine seems to have the LED panel underneath the window a little offset to the left. So looking from directly above, the mph/kph reading a slightly obscured. If you move your line of sight to the right, then it is OK.

Is this normal ? If I sent it back for repair/replacement does the whole lot have to go, or can the controller just be sent ?

Please post a photo so we can see what you're describing.

It is quite hard to show on the photo. But hopefully you can see that the top left MPH is a obscured by the controller "bezel", whereas on the right handside the RPM figure is very clear. It is like the LED display board is not centralised.

Last edited:
Mine clears the bezel at an even distance on both sides. Here's a straight down view:

RC.jpg

So I just took my remote all the way apart today..

The LCD screen package has two male pins sticking out of the bottom section, and the plastic window with the black trim centers itself on those pins.

Only thing I can think of is the LCD display itself wasn't installed correctly. But it's such a minor thing I don't know if I'd want to deal with DjI and a long turnaround for something I find that I never looks at. End up using the info on the video screen.

I am thinking if it is worth getting it replaced ? Would DJI just want the controller sent to them ?

I could ask the retailer to swap it, but I purchased the flymore bundle and having to send the whole lot back would be a pain.
Mine clears the bezel at an even distance on both sides. Here's a straight down view:

View attachment 7462

Thankyou, it does look like mine is not centred correctly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife