DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Display Resets

br3ntg

Reactions
Just got my mavic and struggling to find out if the following behavior is normal or not. As I start to get a low signal strength my mavic controller (not the app) display will go blank and then immediately come back on. Curious if this is normal when losing signal or if something else is wrong.

Thanks!

Is your controller charged to 100%?
I charged it to 100% initially and it's worked it's way down to about 30% now. The blank screen has been happening since the first flight, but only when I'm very close to losing signal.

I charged it to 100% initially and it's worked it's way down to about 30% now. The blank screen has been happening since the first flight, but only when I'm very close to losing signal.

It should never go black unless it's turned off. How long have you had it and how many flights? The controller is something I wouldnt mess around with, if you are still under warranty, I would contact DJI.

Just got my mavic and struggling to find out if the following behavior is normal or not. As I start to get a low signal strength my mavic controller (not the app) display will go blank and then immediately come back on. Curious if this is normal when losing signal or if something else is wrong.

Thanks!
Interested to know the outcome/ resolution to this post.

I have had my mavic for just under a year with about 18 hours of total flight time, and this happened to me for the first time yesterday. Coincidently, this was also the first time I had a full loss of controller signal that triggered the RTH. During the RTH, the screen was resetting just as you described. It didn't act normal again until I was only about 200ft out. I was flying in an area I have flown many times before, similar altitude and distance, never had a problem before.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flymehome