DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

controller wont connect to dji assisstant2

JohnnyD913

Reactions
i was reading a post here and saw where msinger posted a video on updating mavic pro.
i tried to connect my remote by leaving it off until in assistant2. I did this but get nothing.
the ac will connect

After DJI Assistant two is up and running and your drone and controller are running and connected, then plug the micro usb to your drone and the usb to your computer. If you’re using a Mac, most likely it will connect right away. I had some issues getting my Windows based PC to recognize my Mavic (wish I had documented the fix).

In summary, it’s my understanding that once you’re connected to the drone through DJI Assistant 2, that’s all that required to keep your total system up to date.

I tried what you mentioned, attaching the remote to my PC, but it only charged the remote, no hand shake or data transfer.

May not be totally accurate but I hope it helps some

Reactions: JohnnyD913
After DJI Assistant two is up and running and your drone and controller are running and connected, then plug the micro usb to your drone and the usb to your computer. If you’re using a Mac, most likely it will connect right away. I had some issues getting my Windows based PC to recognize my Mavic (wish I had documented the fix).

In summary, it’s my understanding that once you’re connected to the drone through DJI Assistant 2, that’s all that required to keep your total system up to date.

I tried what you mentioned, attaching the remote to my PC, but it only charged the remote, no hand shake or data transfer.

May not be totally accurate but I hope it helps some
Mad Mavic this mav is about two weeks old and when updated it out of box
I used my iPad Pro 9.7.
I think all is well but I wanted to refresh anyway but now dji assistant2 seems to have grown old weary cause it would take til infinity if I allowed it to continue.
I don’t understand cause all previous birds which include two mavs,p4,and p3
Where all updated via assistant2.
I will uninstall and try again. I too use windows and not even the latest at that.
Windows 7. Really I’m by no means computer savvy so idk the difference.
I do know I wish I had the money for iMac.
Lol

Yea it definitely takes forever. My last update used 50% battery on the Mavic. My guess is their server is overloaded. They should give is the ability to download the files locally then update at our convenience but then they would lose their ability to interigate our birds. Half the time updating is DJI extracting data from our flight logs. Hopefully they’re using it to improve their product.

Updating over WiFi with just the usb cable plugged in and no battery on would be my choice. Leave it plugged in over night and wake up updated. It’s not necessary to run the whole system just for the purpose of data transfer; the usb could be the power source. But I’m a Mechanical engineer, not electrical, so I’m sure I’m talking out of school

i was reading a post here and saw where msinger posted a video on updating mavic pro.
i tried to connect my remote by leaving it off until in assistant2. I did this but get nothing.
the ac will connect

Try this new driver pack from DJI

DJI_WIN10_Class3_Driver_Installer_32bit&64bit.exe

or

Install an earlier version of DJI Assistant 2 1.0.7 to load the right usb drivers then uninstall and install the latest version of DJI Assistant 2

Dropbox - DJI+Assistant+2+1.0.7.exe

I turn on the RC first, then connect it to the computer and only then open the DJI Assistant 2 app

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyD913
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh