DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Costa Rica Rules and Regulations

I just hit back. I didn't register or anything and there were absolutely no issues at all. Go and enjoy!

Reactions: Akoztha

I live here, fly every day and have flown all over the country and NEVER registered anything, anywhere. Brought my drone through customs last November and had cordial chat with customs inspector about how cool it was

I live here, fly every day and have flown all over the country and NEVER registered anything, anywhere. Brought my drone through customs last November and had cordial chat with customs inspector about how cool it was
Si se pone uno a registrarlo es regalarle mas plata a Aviacion Civil. [emoji23]

Reactions: Costa Rica Guy
Costa Rica Guy...I've just finalized a trip for late July-early August. Arenal, Tamarindo, MA and then Dominical. I've been to El Avion once, maybe we'll make it back there!

Reactions: Chadnovz
I was just wondering if anyone can comment on how long it takes to get the registration? We are going for a short notice trip in less than 10 days and I dont want to register if there is any chance it wont come in time. In that case Id rather just take my chances.

I was just wondering if anyone can comment on how long it takes to get the registration? We are going for a short notice trip in less than 10 days and I dont want to register if there is any chance it wont come in time. In that case Id rather just take my chances.

It's been months since I did it, but I'm pretty sure I got it immediately on registering online. I got back a couple of weeks ago, it was a great trip and I saw a few people also flying Mavics.

Reactions: Gregdd
It's been months since I did it, but I'm pretty sure I got it immediately on registering online. I got back a couple of weeks ago, it was a great trip and I saw a few people also flying Mavics.
Did anyone ask for it or did you need it at any time? What did it cost?

Did anyone ask for it or did you need it at any time? What did it cost?

Nobody even glanced at me, much less asked me for a registration number. I don't remember paying anything, but if I did it was a minimal amount. I followed a link from earlier in this thread I believe, and it was done in a couple of minutes.

Reactions: Gregdd
Thx for the insight all. I read all 7 pages from 2017 till today, Oct 2018. Seems like nothing major to report and that common sense and a research helps with finding out about using a drone in C.R.

Heading there in a week. Didn't register (any may do online) but if I don't will just roll like a lot of commenters have done.

I also used this site to get some useful information:

Costa Rica Drone Laws | UAV Systems International

Yup nobody even looked at me while flying there. I dont even remember seeing any police except maybe a few while driving. In the airport there was no inspection.

Yup nobody even looked at me while flying there. I dont even remember seeing any police except maybe a few while driving. In the airport there was no inspection.
Glad to hear!

Heading to Puerto Viejo so hopefully I miss the standard rainy-ness. But I imagine the dry season is the best in Costa Rica for places like Manuel Antonio and such. I'm surprised that I don't see much footage from many on Youtube with shots in Costa Rica.

Just to update everyone. I went to CR in April and it was so laid back... No one cared that I was flying my drone. I didn't fly in the forest due to weather and the fact that I didn't wanted to disturb nature too much. Other than that it was great!

9d3f4e2c976b2dce48eecca38552edb0.jpg
Oh nice shot of The Parador! I just uploaded my Costa Rica video to Youtube that includes a drone shot of The Parador as well (the channel is Chosen Idea). For those concerned with flying in Costa Rica, a recreational drone license is not required. The common rules apply with regards to distance from airport the 120m max altitude, and so on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1