DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

County prohibits use of DJI drones (for use by government agencies or for government contracts)

Rather broad statement. If you can show proof of that, we should all sell our DJI drones and all the other Chinese products that use software
Here in the USA we have tons of things listening to every word we say
Why? To sell you new stuff you don't need

This is Not a Secret check it out :rolleyes:
Old News
Could we get back to drones now?

How about that m3 battery issue?
Did the last Firmware update fix that little issue?

• Haha
Reactions: Torque and umanbean
Here in the USA we have tons of things listening to every word we say
Why? To sell you new stuff you don't need

This is Not a Secret check it out :rolleyes:
Old News
Could we get back to drones now?

How about that m3 battery issue?
Did the last Firmware update fix that little issue?
No comment

Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
It’s less of a “We hate China” issue and likely a perceived security issue because DJI received Chinese Govt investor dollars and thus could have access to data.

Drone company DJI obscured ties to Chinese state funding, documents show​

The Chinese firm received funding from several state-backed investors, despite repeated claims that it hasn’t taken money from Beijing”​

There is no proof this happens. None. It's 100% political. The WashPo article is a hatchet job, likely planted by the staffer of some anti-China legislator.

There has been ZERO proof that this issue even exists.

And trust me, if there were proof, we'd all know it.

Washington D.C. leaks like screen windows on a submarine. If there was any proof, some legislator would have someone on his staff leak it "anonymously" to some friendly journalist (probably at WashPo). We'd all know exactly what the issue was.

There isn't one.

The government one does exactly that.
Government entities can get their DJI drones unlocked permanently. It's called Qualified Entities Program, or "QEP".

Lots of First Responder drones are unlocked via QEP.

I just wish they had it for qualified commercial pilots.

Yes. One company in particular is spending very large sums doing this. And it's not Boeing. It was the other American drone company Blue List sUAS that I had to use for my NPS project. I couldn't use my M3s for the shoot, even though I could have captured much better imagery for them.

To their credit, they sent me the drone for free, along with two of their staff to assist me during the two days of shooting. All at no cost.
Was that the follow me drone?

I fail to see how DJI drones are a threat to America. Almost all drones are made in China anyway. Guess if the US government doesn't trust Chinese drones they should start making their own. It's illegal to fly over sensitive military areas anyway.

A number of agencies, including DoD, design and build custom UAVs for various applications.
Interesting. I guess some customs and one offs are a good idea.

The problem has been police agencies using drones to search over homes and back yards. This is an illegal search. They drive by homes using infrared scanners to find drug labs. This also is an illegal search. These rules have come from police abuses and loosing cases.

The problem has been police agencies using drones to search over homes and back yards. This is an illegal search. They drive by homes using infrared scanners to find drug labs. This also is an illegal search. These rules have come from police abuses and loosing cases.
This thread has nothing to do with the 4th Amendment. This is about a political ploy by some in Congress, and it's inevitable spill over into the states and private industry.

This thread is about the non-existent Chinese drone "threat".

Also, any evidence gathering requires a warrant, regardless of the method used to gather it.

Drones are low hanging fruit that politicians and Karens to pick on. No one stands up in that crowed to defend them really. But when the police want to monitor a protest from overhead or Karen wants a dronie of her house from the Realtor, suddenly they become useful tools. But once that is done, it's back to calling them creepy.

Drones are low hanging fruit that politicians and Karens to pick on. No one stands up in that crowed to defend them really. But when the police want to monitor a protest from overhead or Karen wants a dronie of her house from the Realtor, suddenly they become useful tools. But once that is done, it's back to calling them creepy.
Vic Moss does :p , this was addressed before all this got to heavy years ago, the (At least) American flying community was informed it was going to play out like this and get involved back then...a very small percentage did what your suppose to do as a American citizen and contact those who you appointed in the political muck. So do as Vic suggested and contact your legislators now and voice your "informed" concern.

Last edited:
According to that same news source, the ban was introduced in 2021 by Senator Rick Scott of Florida and it has not yet been passed by congress.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman