DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic after loss of RC Control

Are you certain there are no wireless IP cameras for security or target viewing? Some shooters and many ranges use these. A steel pole barn could also reflect the signals and incur multipath interference. Just some thoughts. A wifi sniffer program in your phone would be helpful.

Reactions: stratos
Luckily not destroyed but hurt every prop and gimble L bracket.

Metal potentially leading to interference is not a "wive's tale" - it's a fact of RC operation. Ruling it out in these cases, like we did here when we found that the pole barn is wood, is critically important to understanding the underlying issue. That's why we keep bringing it up.

Sounds a lot like the v01.03.0550 firmware has some issues.

Last edited:
Are you certain there are no wireless IP cameras for security or target viewing? Some shooters and many ranges use these. A steel pole barn could also reflect the signals and incur multipath interference. Just some thoughts. A wifi sniffer program in your phone would be helpful.

It's a wooden structure. And there are no cameras for looking at targets. There are security cameras, but they are wired. There was wifi out there for a time, but it's not working now as the connection to the range was so poor. They are in the process of laying fiber optic, so that is likely to change. It's remote enough that cell phone coverage is spotty out there.

With the limited info I've gleaned from reading through the posts I think this problem of lost RC connections has something to do with the using the app on Android and the crashing of the app causing the RC controller to lose connection. I don't recall hearing of many of these problems when using iPhone/iPad. It sounds like the situation got a lot worse with .600 and it may even have something to do with units manufactured in March (although that may be contributed due to the fact that they already have .600 on them).

Back on .400 and can fly further out, distance better for me.

I truly believe this is a firmware issue as it happened to my first MaviPro thanks the lord for Amazon second Mavic same thing happened but I was more prepared this time. I am running a iPhone 7 plus. Last failure was flying down by the lake with zero interference. I am going to try tonight using the usb cable port at the bottom of the remote to rule out the cable. I doubt it is that as it happened on my first mavic as well. After trying this bottom option on the remote later today I will be going back to firmware 550. I truly believe that the 600 version is brutal full of bugs.

What about power transformers? Out in the NW our power transformers are mostly green. Anytime one of those is near you and your controller be careful. I bet you can't land on one, lol. Original post, hey was there power to the shooting range that required a transformer? My mavic crashed Friday after signal loss, like it just dropped the moment it experienced signal loss.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman