DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashes

Eijin

Reactions
I was wondering guy shares your experience how many crashes have you go with your mavic and how serious were they.
And after how many of them your mavic still functioned.

Zero (0) crashes for me with my Mavic and I've flown it since November. I do have plenty of crashes with my FPV racers, but rebuilding them is part of the enjoyment.

There's already a very thorough thread on this elsewhere. Can't remember what I called the thread.

People have shared in a few other threads, but since then I've had two crashes, so I'll share.
Both were 100% pilot error.
Both were 100% showing off. :rolleyes:
First one: came down low in sports mode and zipped towards us.... Hit a low fence of black netting keeping people off a seeded area. Hard to see. Broke/damaged two front blades.
Second one was at a friends house, came down low in sports mode and zipped towards us... All good no obstructions on the ground this time. Hit the 'stop' button on the controller for the dramatic fast stop, but didn't account for the amount of lift the Mavic does on this maneuver. Wacked a gutter. Mavic did a nice recovery, then tried to RTH, went up and hit it again. Grabbed it and powered down. Replaced all four blades. No other damage, so I got off lucky, and have learned a few lessons ;)

Reactions: charliesRig
None, since December, 2016, but I fly commercially and very conservatively, since that kind of video demands an easy hand... and since it is my breadbox I tend to be overly protective.

Reactions: charliesRig
I have crashed a Bebop 1and 2, pilot error, phantom 3 software fixed under warranty,and solo fixed it myself ( made it better), but never my mavic (knock on wood!!)

Zero crashes in 3 months. I don't take too many risks. Fly conservatively and enjoy an undamaged drone.

:p
Too many "no crashes"

I'm more eager to hear how much potentially a mavic can take. I know they are quite durable but to hear from someone that had few minor crashes and no malfunction is something different.

No crashes - don't take risks or show off. Too much money tied up in this bird - handle it like it was my first baby. Have it wrapped in bright red - front red and green strobes, bright white strobe at the rear. Birds don't like this combination, scares the **** out of them.

My first crash two days ago. Was filming and too busy trying to get "the shot" that I was not paying attention to the surrounding. Hit a 5th wheel and the Mavic came crashing down on a gravel road. 3 blades were broken and a small chip on the front of the bird. Still works perfect. I got off easy. Mavic was probably about 10' off the ground.

0 crashes. I typically fly above tree top level. Most of the interesting shots are low level reveal camera work. It's gets boring at altitude. Lol. No risk. No gain.

Really the majority of "Horror Crash stories " are the result of operator error.
Take the care and time to fly this Drone with all the tech it has.
It is not a "Point and Shoot" toy.
Want that buy the Spark,

Reactions: LongRifle
Really the majority of "Horror Crash stories " are the result of operator error.
Take the care and time to fly this Drone with all the tech it has.
It is not a "Point and Shoot" toy.
Want that buy the Spark,
Never asked about the crash reason really i only want to learn about people experience

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Had a 2 feet crash onto tarmac after hitting a parked car while landing. Aircraft turned turtle. After that camera focussing issue. No problems with flight though. Back to its home in China it went. Got a quotation for camera and gimbal module replacement.

Two, both times a tree reached out and grabbed my mavic no damage.

Reactions: Roaddogg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenshin