DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky display

The monitor that comes with the P4 pro is the smaller version of the monitor this thread is about....for $300. What makes you think it's a different one?
Go to the DJI site. Look at the video for the P4Pro. Look at that screen and then go back and look at the CrystalSky. You will seen the CrystalSky is much thicker and has ports on the sides.

Seems like DJI should come up with mounting solution for the Mavic since they are advertising it as being compatible with the Mavic. I hope they don't rely on third parties to do that for them.

Reactions: Zeroescence
Seems like DJI should come up with mounting solution for the Mavic since they are advertising it as being compatible with the Mavic. I hope they don't rely on third parties to do that for them.

Yeah I was wondering about that too. How would it mount?

Go to the DJI site. Look at the video for the P4Pro. Look at that screen and then go back and look at the CrystalSky. You will seen the CrystalSky is much thicker and has ports on the sides.
The packaging is clearly different so as to provide smooth integration with the controller but the guts (display and electronics) are probably very similar if not exactly the same. In the case of the P4Pro I/O connections (HDMI, etc.) are located on the controller body for easier cable management, but they are there.

The packaging is clearly different so as to provide smooth integration with the controller but the guts (display and electronics) are probably very similar if not exactly the same. In the case of the P4Pro I/O connections (HDMI, etc.) are located on the controller body for easier cable management, but they are there.
Dual SD Cards, Dual Band Wifi, 2 Cell Battery, Extreme weather conditions, not to mention all the ports, means this will be much more than the 300 dollars extra they are charging for the P4 Pro screen.

Dual SD Cards, Dual Band Wifi, 2 Cell Battery, Extreme weather conditions, not to mention all the ports, means this will be much more than the 300 dollars extra they are charging for the P4 Pro screen.
Yes, I agree. I meant that I expect the performance of the core electionics to be the same, but the additional packaging, ports, battery options, etc. will make the standalone price higher for sure.

Yes, I agree. I meant that I expect the performance of the core electionics to be the same, but the additional packaging, ports, battery options, etc. will make the standalone price higher for sure.
I personally just want the brighter screen. There isn't a phone that I found that comes close to the brightness (NITS) on these monitors

Reactions: Mike357
I am in the same boat, even with a good sunshade, and the brightness turned up all the way, I still have trouble with my iPhone or iPad (with screen protector) screen being easy to see in bright sunlight, which we get a lot of. If the larger one is around <$400 I will get one, 2000 NITS is crazy bright.

If the larger one is around <$400 I will get one
It won't be, you can count on it, the 7.8" unit could easily be twice that. The only way you're going to get into a pro display for less than $400 is to get the P4P+.

It won't be, you can count on it, the 7.8" unit could easily be twice that. The only way you're going to get into a pro display for less than $400 is to get the P4P+.
There is no way I will pay almost as much for the display as I did for the Mavic, never happen, will just get a Shield K1 with a sunshade, best alternate option.

I'm just glad this is Android based. Now maybe we can get a rock solid Android version of DJI GO.

I would have thought that pricing & ordering was available by now, Black Friday is only 6 days away.

I would have thought that pricing & ordering was available by now, Black Friday is only 6 days away.
Don't forget, the Osmo was teased with the Inspire 1, but then wasn't priced or shipped for like a year or more. The goggles were teased with the Mavic back in Sept. You can't even find a mention of them now. Crystalsky? We may get lucky, but prepare to be waiting a long time if history is an indicator.

There is slot at the side of the unit. It is possible, there is an extender to mount it directly to the Mavic controller. The smaller monitor looks like a perfect fit:

2016-11-19 12_03_21-Crystalsky.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998