DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CS Firmware update 3.0.2.0 (Dec. 16, 2019)

Keule

CTO at SDS
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
skydrone-systems.com
1#
Overview:
Date: 2019.12.16
CrystalSky Firmware (CS785 / CS785U): V3.0.2.0
CrystalSky Firmware (CS550): V3.0.2.0
DJI GO 3 App: V 3.1.59
DJI GO 4 App: V 4.3.16
DJI Pilot Beta: V 1.6.1

What's New?
  • Updated the DJI GO 4 app to version 4.3.16.
  • Updated the DJI Pilot Beta app to version 1.6.1.
  • Optimized system stability.
  • Optimized the performance of CrystalSky in high-temperature environments.
  • Optimized video transmission.
Note:
  • DO NOT revert to an earlier firmware version after updating to v3.0.2.0. Otherwise, CrystalSky will malfunction and the user will be required to contact DJI After-Sales for support.

This doesn't seem like it's an update. DJI GO 4 latest version is 4.3.25 and it's the latest version for quite some time.
Anyone tried to install this firmware ?

I updated mine this morning. I was already at 4.3.16 with Go4. It updated the Go app and when it is opened for my P3 Std it directs me to use Go4. I see no other apparent changes to either app.

Last edited:
I updated mine this morning. I was already at 3.4.16 with Go4. It updated the Go app and when it is opened for my P3 Std it directs me to use Go4. I see no other apparent changes to either app.
You mentioned Go 4 twice. Did you mean you opened Go 4 for P3 and it directed you to Go 3?

You mentioned Go 4 twice. Did you mean you opened Go 4 for P3 and it directed you to Go 3?
Go3 is just called "Go". So I referenced Go4 and Go. Go now directs you to use Go4. But I have no connected either app to a drone since the update.

A good question as to what this update is supposed to do. Could it be that this is some kind of "step" to install a new Android version?

Because it is not an update for the GO AP.

A good question as to what this update is supposed to do. Could it be that this is some kind of "step" to install a new Android version?

Because it is not an update for the GO AP.
That's a good question. At the moment it's just a firmware update. Android version 5.1.1 and GO4 ver 4.3.16 remain the same. Maybe a GO4 update is planned, but at the rate DJI moves on the CS it would be a very long wait if it ever happens.
Anyone installed the update yet? If so is there any significant improvement in performance? Something tells me not.

That's a good question. At the moment it's just a firmware update. Android version 5.1.1 and GO4 ver 4.3.16 remain the same. Maybe a GO4 update is planned, but at the rate DJI moves on the CS it would be a very long wait if it ever happens.
Anyone installed the update yet? If so is there any significant improvement in performance? Something tells me not.
I installed it and got an 'inconsistent firmware' message and had to update the controller. I then took out the M2P and the CS crashed/froze and needed rebooting midflight. After it was more or less ok with the exception of some lag now and then.
Definitely no improvement that I can see...

It's disappointing that we won't be able to go back to an older firmware. I already downloaded and updated my CS and can only hope for the best

For me it works as it has always done.

But for this update I haven't yet used full brightness.

I notice fans come on earlier and much louder than they used to be

hi guys this is my experience with the latest firmware for the crystalsky monitor.

1. No overheating issues i used all three batteries for my Mavic Pro Platinum, i observed that the fan on the cs may have come on earlier( I live in the Caribbean islands).

2. from time to time i get laggy video. a normal restart would fix. I did not get any laggy footage so far.

3. No GO4 disconnects or crashes. I flew for about 1hr 10min today without issues.

I am gonna be still testing.

I've been using mine in the Florida Keys with temps consistently in the 80s. I did notice that the fan comes on sooner and at a faster apparent speed.
Go4. 4.3.16
Firm. 3.0.2.0

Reactions: Thomas B
hi guys this is my experience with the latest firmware for the crystalsky monitor.

1. No overheating issues i used all three batteries for my Mavic Pro Platinum, i observed that the fan on the cs may have come on earlier( I live in the Caribbean islands).

2. from time to time i get laggy video. a normal restart would fix. I did not get any laggy footage so far.

3. No GO4 disconnects or crashes. I flew for about 1hr 10min today without issues.

I am gonna be still testing.
Thanks!

I am assuming over time someone will find a way to rollback firmware. but no issues so far.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1