DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Customising the functionality of the sticks issue...

Gig Fil> I don't quite agree that they are 'flight principles for a heli'. Without collective/yaw interlinks, a smooth cinematic turn to the left would require cyclic, collective and yaw movements whereas the Mavic just needs left stick yaw and right stick forward. The Mavic has simplified heli controls.

Reactions: MacPap
The Mavic, IMHO, isn't a flying machine per se, it's a camera on a flying platform. Other drones maybe flying machines. The ability to yaw or raise/lower altitude whilst at the same time moving left/right/forward/backward is designed for cinematic shots. Maybe this is not 'real' for helicopter pilots, it is certainly effective for videographers :)
Very true as I said mode 2 is great for video shooting

Gig Fil> I don't quite agree that they are 'flight principles for a heli'. Without collective/yaw interlinks, a smooth cinematic turn to the left would require cyclic, collective and yaw movements whereas the Mavic just needs left stick yaw and right stick forward. The Mavic has simplified heli controls.
Maybe true but still gives me a more realistic feel :)

I still fly RC helis , planes and racing drones so changing from mode 2 stick configuration would screw me all up . Even when I play a video game I have to invert the look or it's un-natural ,lol.

Easy to tell who comes from a video game background and who flies other aircraft on these forums . When I hear terms like strafe I think someone is making a shooting run , lol .

I still fly RC helis , planes and racing drones so changing from mode 2 stick configuration would screw me all up . Even when I play a video game I have to invert the look or it's un-natural ,lol.

Easy to tell who comes from a video game background and who flies other aircraft on these forums . When I hear terms like strafe I think someone is making a shooting run , lol .
When I play video games I do invert the up and down look so when I push stick forward I get to look downward. Right stick look left/right and up/down. Left stick move forward/back and strafe left/right.
So I don't know if there is really a comparison to the Mavic stick configuration but making it turn right with the right stick gives me a more natural feel when in FPV.

Not sure what you are trying to say by collective yaw interlinks. I've flown RC helis for more than a decade both 3D and large cameraships (DJI equipped flight controllers) all the way up to turbines. Assuming you are already at a stable hovering altitude if you push your right cyclic stick forward and add yaw you can get the same forward moving slow level turn. If you want to ascend or descend during the same turn push forward or back on the left collective stick. Assuming we are talking mode two, whether it's a heli or a quad, the same basic stick movements get the same basic results and movements on the aircraft.

Have another apology to offer, I've never actually flown an RC heli so arguably should comment on things I know nothing about. My experience is on real helicopters where increases in collective create a torque reaction that requires increased pitch on the yaw eg collective/yaw interlink. I assumed RC helicopters operated the same way.

Apologies chaps and chapettes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman