DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Derbyshire, UK, Nr M1 J28.

Davidss

Reactions
UK, Derbyshire, nearest junction, M1 J28.
Hello,
I'm not quite here yet, as I have just used the DJI Pre-Sales online chat facility to get a revised delivery date.

Ordered a Pro Combo package on 3rd Feb 2017, against a 7 to 10 day delivery estimate.
Checked 7 days later (as there is no entry in the 'Shipped' column).
I'm told estimated shipping is now 3rd March, with delivery 3 to 5 days later, so let's say 8th March 2017. About.

Disappointing, but getting heated isn't going to bring delivery forward.
Gives me a month to do other things.

Just might ask one or two questions, but mostly reading of the adventures of others, thank you.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum .:)

Hello,
I'm not quite here yet, as I have just used the DJI Pre-Sales online chat facility to get a revised delivery date.

Ordered a Pro Combo package on 3rd Feb 2017, against a 7 to 10 day delivery estimate.
Checked 7 days later (as there is no entry in the 'Shipped' column).
I'm told estimated shipping is now 3rd March, with delivery 3 to 5 days later, so let's say 8th March 2017. About.

Disappointing, but getting heated isn't going to bring delivery forward.
Gives me a month to do other things.

Just might ask one or two questions, but mostly reading of the adventures of others, thank you.

Hi Dave,
John from Telford UK here. Received my Mavic pro fly more combo direct from a Chinese suppler to get it in time for my beach wedding in Mexico in January this year. Happy to say that i ordered it on the 5th of Jan and it arrived on the 14th just in time to go away on the 16th.
Have to say that it was fantastic learning how to use the Mavic in the tropical weather conditions and the footage was fantastic as i used the Mavic as a hand held video camera in conjunction to the opening location air shots.
I'm hoping that you receive your Mavic sooner rather than later and judging by some of the comments i'm hearing and listening to it appears that here in the UK we have a much more tolerant acceptance
of drone users meaning not so many restrictions for places to fly our drones than our American cousins.

Hi Dave,
John from Telford UK here. Received my Mavic pro fly more combo direct from a Chinese suppler to get it in time for my beach wedding in Mexico in January this year. Happy to say that i ordered it on the 5th of Jan and it arrived on the 14th just in time to go away on the 16th.
SNIP

"a Chinese suppler", was that DJI or someone else who had stock?
If DJI it looks as though delivery times are extending, even though they are ordered singly, rather than in Dealer quantities.
One could speculate as to why production cannot meet demand, but without inside information I find that a pointless exercise.
I'll calender it to check again a week before the estimated 3rd March date, but otherwise it's the same approach when ordering anything from China, and that way on. Forget about it, then get a pleasant surprise when it actually arrives.

After a wedding I think I'd be focussed in other areas than learning to fly a drone, unless a share of your Drone is what you promised your partner :)

Regards.

Lmao, The misses and I have been living together and running our own business for the last seven years so the whole wedding thing was if you will, just for our own commitment purpose's and besides it gave us an excuse to take friends and family out with us lol.
The Drone is mine hands off lmao.

Skyline Crafts&Gifts Manufacture Co LTD

Shenzhen Skyline Toys&Gifts LTD

E-mail:info@skylinecgltd.com

Tel: +86 755 3688 7751/2753 3257

Fax: +86 755 3688 7753

Mob:+86 18665315708

Web: www.skylinecgltd..com

www.skylinegift.en.alibaba.com

bought mine from here but obviously had to pay customs charges (VAT) as well, i understand about the order and forget mentality for China purchases, just ordered a large enough case to accommodate all the accessories that any self respecting drone pilot wouldn't be caught dead without lol. I found that the 'mini iPad 3 cellular' (minimum 3) as mini 1 doesn't support DJI go 4 app and the mini iPad 2 isn't that far away from becoming useless within the next few application upgrades and the three is about the right price secondhand, but if you can obtain the mini iPad 4 for the right price then all the better for your viewing whilst flying experience. oh and if you buy the mini iPad then your just gonna need the USB to lightening 150mm (6") connector lead "Toways-Lightning-Charge-Braided-Charger/dp/B01MPWTZPL".
but then again all this is just frivolity your phone is enough to get started but don't forget to watch the videos on YouTube about setting up your camera and a couple of lens filters wouldn't go amiss to help enhance your drone footage (wished i'd had them in Mexico lol) Oh and if you want i'm just about to put a laser engraved micro SD memory card holder to accommodate your library of cards from your days filming.
went to buy myself one and thought i'd buy 20 and personalise them on our laser and resell them at the right price on eBay. tell me what you'd like lasered on yours and i'll sort it for you at cost (£6)

Attachments

• img_2D_0004.jpg
    img_2D_0004.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • img_2D_0005.jpg
    img_2D_0005.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • img_2D_0006.jpg
    img_2D_0006.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • img_2D_0007.jpg
    img_2D_0007.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • img_2D_0008.jpg
    img_2D_0008.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for taking my comments in a positive way.
I thought as I wrote that I was making some large assumptions, but just chanced my luck.

I have thought about what to use as a controller VDU, but apart from inclining to making it a dedicated unit, I've decided to wait until I have eyes and hands on the device before committing to (more) money, for both a 'unit' and an appropriate cord.
I had decided to chance my arm on the filters DJI offer, putting them on my initial Combo purchase order. For strictly UK use we shall see if that was a wise move later.

Similarly, I'll say thank you for the offer of the multi micro SD card holder, but hold off until I've got some personal experience. Will I really find the need to buy up to 8 cards? In a way I rather hope not, but it depends on how much serious photography I do. I suspect I'll be able to put a lot on the cutting room floor.

I think it will be a couple of months before I can start making informed decisions that will stand the test of time.

Regards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xapiccone