DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Detail overlay on video

Sigh

Reactions
Hi, hopefully this isn't a repeated question, I couldn't find an answer...

Anyways, I just got my Mavic lastweek and after playing with it for a few hours and reviewing some video I captured I find myself wishing flight detail was overlaid on the video, speeds, height, position that sort of thing.

Does anything like that exist?

Thanks!

That is commonly done with DashWare. See more details about that application here.

Dashware can do it, but I haven't managed (haven't tried hard either!) to make it work.

If anyone knows which profile/data-format should be used with the mavic and dashware, please do tell.

Yes, DashWare definitely does have a steep learning curve. It works well once you figure out how to use it though.

Its my understand until an update, dashware cant overlay on 4k video.. I did see a workaround of using a 1080p greenscreen video sample and chroma keying it overtop of 4k video though.

I have started to play with Dashware and came across one issue:
After retrieving flight log through Assistant 2 and running conversion with DatCon, .csv file can be imported to Dashware and most of information seems to be there, apart from GPS track - I always get a straight line...
Did you have similar problems - any idea how to fix it would be most appreciated.

Dashware can do it, but I haven't managed (haven't tried hard either!) to make it work.

If anyone knows which profile/data-format should be used with the mavic and dashware, please do tell.

I am trying to use Dashware using "export to CSV file" from IOS. I can't find a Dashware data profile that works.

Has anyone found a way to make it work?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh