DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device started flying itself.... into trees - crash!

jaredrover

Reactions
Problem?
I was flying the drone as normal, waited for GPS signal connection and took off. After a minuted the drone started moving a bit left/right on its own along the same vertical plane... and then things seemed okay for a bit.
After this, all of a sudden the drone just started flying at top speed back towards me at a decent vertical height.... and my controls weren't working at all on the remove. From there the then stopped above me (50 feet or so), and then flew directly into trees and crashed. I looked at looks briefly and seems it went into ATTI mode... but still the drone was acting crazy and no way for me to stop it. What should I do? I haven't checked or repaired the drone, but luckily was able to retrieve it. I just want to avoid this happening again.

Was unit in a crash? Yes, as described above.

What have you tried so far? Retrieved the device, looked at logs from the phone / app. I tried many times to pull the logs via Assistant 2 from the device, but to no avail.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Iphone 7 + DJI mavic air.

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
Assistant 1.2.4
Device V01.00.0400 (but I am sure I had updated it before)
RC - not sure at the moment

What Go app version are you using?
DJI Go 4.3.0
Precise Fly Safe: 01.0001.09
Basic Fly Safe 01.00.01.07

Any modification? (if so what)
None

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

I am trying to gather them now, but no good connection to upload

Here are logs I uploaded
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-09-08_[10-06-55].txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
You definitely have a GPS issue. Only 5-6 satellites found, and it shows you in the middle of the ocean.

Reactions: Irish-apple
Yep, it appears that you never aquired enough satelites to establish the home point (thus the reason the map shows it in the ocean) or to maintain flight in GPS Mode with any consistancy. The AC switched into ATTI mode several times during the flight. In this mode, the Mavic merely stays level but does not position hold, causing it to drift with the wind unless you prevent via your controls.
I assume your location was the problem here, not the Mavic, what kind of area were you flying in? crash into tree.PNG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu