DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Difference between dji Go an Go 4.0

Anyone know of a thorough walkthrough of the DJI go4 app? Really hoping to find something that runs through all the different warnings that come up and what they mean/how hard one should be shitting their pants.

Reactions: Revoh713
One smart thing to do regardless is making sure all your devices are set to NOT allow auto install of any app or firmware.

Also, I have a good feeling they are going to change certain firmware with in the GO 3&4 app such as the ESC firmware. Plus in theory, separating the less technical air craft models from the group by having two firmware's, this should allow for many changes that hopefully are radical. I look at the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, and Inspire 2 as the flagship air craft of dji. Separate app's should open the door for more advance features, as well as keep things from imploding which is likely the path the GO app was on with so many devices functioning from it.

If and when you do any updates, try to pay attention to any kind of changes. If you notice anything different, post about it here in the forum. I still have not received my Mavic unfortunately, when I do I will be crawling over flight log data and such looking for any subtle differences to share.

I've seen some videos on YouTube on the Go4 app and it seems like the issues that are out there are with Android devices. Not sure why this would be any different than the IOS devices. Anybody having any issues with their iPhone or iPads running this?

In 4.0 is there a way to adjust the gimbal wheel speed. It no longer is where it was before. I also want to unlock the 30 degree up tilt.

You can change those gimbal settings here:

DJI-GO-Gimbal-Speed.png

Reactions: Shield2160
How well we know when go3 stops working? Or will it?
If you don't update, it will continue to work. A future firmware may not be compatible but I'd imagine they'd warn us. I always wait for the "bad news" on updates before installing. I'm going to continue using 3 until forced to switch. I love successfully working apps.

How is the dji 4.0 perform as of now? Im currently using dji go for my mavic still confused if i have to switch to dji 4.0 or not. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Reactions: NOLA-J
I received a warning on my Mavic 2 days ago that DJI GO will no longer be supported in February 2017. And that I needed to upgrade to DJI GO 4 immediately.

I don't know if that means DJI GO will be disabled or just not supported with updates.

It seems that the V.3 GO app works with the low-end (budget) devices (like my Samsung Tab a6 7''), unlike the V.4 GO app, that seems to require more powerful specs to run smoothly. Maybe DJI will fix it (if possible) in the future.

Am I looking in the wrong place or have the flight records disappeared in the DJI Go 4 app?
I could access all that stuff even when not connected before but now can't find them or the button to get to them.
I started using the Go4 app after approximately 10Hrs total flying time on the original app. Just left of the "Enter Device" notification is an icon that looks like a paper plane (bottom left of screen - on the old app it was top left of screen). Click on that and it should open up your flight records (or where they should be). If it does open up to that screen and there are no records, click on the cloud icon with the sync arrows on top right of screen and it should ask you to sync the previous flight reports. There are a few options, "All" ,"1 Month", "6 Months or "clear local flight records". I clicked on all and it synced my previous reports, with the odd stutter here or there, where it seemed to hang. I hope that I understood the original question and that this helps?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21