DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Directional Lights don't always work

Tacoman

Reactions
Hi
I have about 10 flights on a Mavic Pro in Beginner Mode and it is a truly remarkable aircraft.
I have a question about the two position lights on the front of the aircraft. Occasionally both shut off during a flight. I haven't figured out what triggers them to go off. If I land and cycle the aircraft power they both come back. It leads me to suspect some kind of software issue. Is it trying to tell me something? Did I hit a control sometime during the flight that turned them off?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
John

You may have them set to shut off while filming or taking pictures. This is something you can control in the camera section of the app.

The default setting for the front lights is they turn off when taking a picture or video. I sometimes accidentally hit the video button on the controller while flying. Are there any videos recorded that you were not expecting?

That is exactly what happened. Not sure if it is the still shot or the video, I was playing with both. I will have to look at the settings and take a look at the options.

I appreciate the help.

Reactions: pixl
Here are the two settings you need to configure in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Turn-Off-LEDs.png

DJI-GO-Turn-Off-LEDs-For-Photos-Video.jpg

Thanks, I looks like there are a lot of interesting options. I downloaded the manual and it did not really go into a lot of detail on all the settings. Is there a better source of information?

Thanks, I looks like there are a lot of interesting options. I downloaded the manual and it did not really go into a lot of detail on all the settings. Is there a better source of information?
Yes... the internet. YouTube is the easiest place to start.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu