DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnected

jayefs

Reactions
I have a Pro Platinum and I have been flying it via my iPad 2 and now wish to use my smaller Mini 4 but I cannot get it connected.
I turn the controller on, connect my Mini 4, load the Dji go 4 app and then switch on the drone - and my screen shows "Disconnected"

I have tried all of the combination sequences of connecting the three items and they all result in the same "Disconnected"

I load up my larger iPad 2 again and everything works.

Can the controller have recorded that my iPad 2 is running on the Vodafone network and will not let me now work with my Mini 4 running on 1P (EE)
When I first connected my iPhone 6s Plus running on 1P (EE) to the controller it worked, now it does not.
Could taking the sim out of the phone and putting it into the (network free) Mini 4 and then back again have caused any of the problems.

I am now out of ideas and ask if anyone can help me get my Mini 4 running

John

Did you upgrade your iPad Mini to iOS 11.2.1? If not, try that.

Did you upgrade your iPad Mini to iOS 11.2.1? If not, try that.

Thank you for your reply
I am not sure what I have got - when I go to "General - About" it tells me I have Version 11.1 (15893) but when I go to Software Update there is no red notice informing me of an available update - Just a Settings logo and iOS 11.2.1 - but nothing for me to click on.

Go to "Settings" --> "General" --> "Software Update".

Reactions: jayefs
I have done that (see above) and there is nothing for me to do there - nothing to click on - just the logo and iOS 11.2.1

Did you try installing the update from iTunes?

I mean the iPad Mini 4. You can find instructions for updating from iTunes here.

Hi and thank you again.

I have been there and there is nothing to update, although "About" says I am on iOS 11.1 "software update" has nothing for me to click on to update

By there, do you mean you were not able to update your iPad Mini 4 from within iTunes?

Is the ipad mini 4 connected to the internet?
Edit to add;, you say it says 11.2.1 when you click update?

Yes, it is connected to the internet
General - About - says - Version 11.1
General - Software Update - has no "update option" - but has the Settings cog logo and by its side the words iOS 11.2.1
And underneath it says - Update Requested.... and has done for two days.

I do not know how to update to iOS 11.2.1 via iTunes

You can find instructions for updating from iTunes here (scroll down about half way).

Yes, it is connected to the internet
General - About - says - Version 11.1
General - Software Update - has no "update option" - but has the Settings cog logo and by its side the words iOS 11.2.1
And underneath it says - Update Requested.... and has done for two days.

Are you connected to WiFi (not just the cellular network)?

Maybe do a hard reset on the ipad, then make sure wifi has internet connection. it sounds like it cant talk to the apple website for the update.

Hi, I did all you suggested and I now have iOS 11.2.1

AND because of the update - I am now connected to my MP

Many thanks to you all for your patience and perseverance

John

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member