DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dissapointed after using IOS

crisp007

Reactions
Is it only me or is anyone else disappointed after using a iPhone with some of the features that are missing on the CS. I know the brightness is a bonus but in the UK we don’t get much sun lol

I'm not disappointed with mine in the slightest mate... I can actually see what's on the screen :D

What features are you missing the use of?

I live in an Authorization Zone, and I noticed there are major differences in the Go 4 app on my IPad and my CrystalSky Ultra. In the iOS app version 4.1.18:
Press “me” —> “More” —> “My Unlock NFZ Application” —> “New Version History”

In the Crystal Sky App version 4.1.14 there is no unlock information under “More.” You can find the unlock information if connected to the Mavic controller by:
Pressing the 3 dots in upper right corner —> “General Settings” scroll down to “Unlock List” —> move slider to right —> displays “Unlocking List” —> select correct Zone —> displays “Please Confirm” box —> check the 2 boxes, then press OK and go fly.

The CrystalSky Ultra is certainly bright, but not as bright as my Multifunction Display on my boat. My boat display has nearly instantaneous displays with a moving map, radar overlay, and side scanning sonar; it has a much faster and more capable microprocessor than the CrystalSky . Using an OTG cable with my iPad, I never experienced video lag which often occurs with the CrystalSky linked to my Spark controller via WiFi. Also, I have been able to crash the CrystalSky version of the Go 4 app; I never had any similar problems with my iPad.

The CrystalSky tablet display is a big improvement over my iPad, but it is not perfect!

Reactions: crisp007
Just wait until you get the dreaded backlight issue, you'll be even more disappointed

The CrystalSky Ultra is certainly bright, but not as bright as my Multifunction Display on my boat. My boat display has nearly instantaneous displays with a moving map, radar overlay, and side scanning sonar; it has a much faster and more capable microprocessor than the CrystalSky

Yeah, it probably cost more than £819 quid too (rolleyes)

Are you on the most recent firmware? the current GO4 on CS is 4.1.18.

Just checked my firmware it’s 04.06.00 no updates available.

The other things are no quickshot mode that’s comes in handy the touch screens not the best and the most annoying thing is it’s upside down when mounted.

Well, At least you got the on the CS fan bus. I dont see how it can be better than what I have with my IOS devices. CERTAINLY not for the price.

Well, At least you got the on the CS fan bus. I dont see how it can be better than what I have with my IOS devices. CERTAINLY not for the price.

I wouldn’t say I was on the fan bus that’s my point I was using IOS before .

Is it only me or is anyone else disappointed after using a iPhone with some of the features that are missing on the CS. I know the brightness is a bonus but in the UK we don’t get much sun lol
I've been an iOS user for years now and the CS was a definite upgrade. Sure the processor is less powerful, and sometimes has responsive issues, but now I don't have to pack the device out of its case and have a device that doesn't die in 30 minutes in cold temps. Best of all I can see the device. What this device has going for it is that its specifically designed for DJI drones meaning a significantly reduced latency to other smartphone devices. I don't know of any other moniter that compares. Maybe a link to the product youi mentioned?

I live in an Authorization Zone, and I noticed there are major differences in the Go 4 app on my IPad and my CrystalSky Ultra. In the iOS app version 4.1.18:
Press “me” —> “More” —> “My Unlock NFZ Application” —> “New Version History”

In the Crystal Sky App version 4.1.14 there is no unlock information under “More.” You can find the unlock information if connected to the Mavic controller by:
Pressing the 3 dots in upper right corner —> “General Settings” scroll down to “Unlock List” —> move slider to right —> displays “Unlocking List” —> select correct Zone —> displays “Please Confirm” box —> check the 2 boxes, then press OK and go fly.

The CrystalSky Ultra is certainly bright, but not as bright as my Multifunction Display on my boat. My boat display has nearly instantaneous displays with a moving map, radar overlay, and side scanning sonar; it has a much faster and more capable microprocessor than the CrystalSky . Using an OTG cable with my iPad, I never experienced video lag which often occurs with the CrystalSky linked to my Spark controller via WiFi. Also, I have been able to crash the CrystalSky version of the Go 4 app; I never had any similar problems with my iPad.

The CrystalSky tablet display is a big improvement over my iPad, but it is not perfect!

There is a certain point at which a LED backlight will be to much and wash out all the color. 2000 nit is about the max. I do not think your MDF. Is over the amount. What kind do you have. Hummingbird, Garmin, raymarine or some custom one?I think my Garmin is 1500. If like most your MDF is mounted in your bridge or cockpit out of the sun. Not to many peps mount their 5k-10k display out in the open. You can adjust the brightness maybe it's turned down

I do miss iOS but I don't miss finding out that I was not focused or had the correct setting because I could not see the screen. What a bummer it is to find out after the fact that your footage is garbage.

There is the custom option. There is a guy in Melbourne Australia that has built custom marine displays with IOS. Dave his name. His company customgadz has both android and iOS mirroring devices. His products are geared toward auto motive but he has built some custom displays.

MimicsG4 | Control all your Smartphone apps straight from your Dash!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike357
Can't find a thread on this, but most disappointed with teh Crystal Sky onmy Mavic Pro.

Brighter yes, but no detail. My iPad Air 2 with a shade showed much more detail.

The Crystal Sky is all blurred like overly compressed 320 x 240 video.

I tried it on my Inspire 2 and it was great.

What resolution is the Crystal Sky supposed to receive from the Mavic Pro.
The same as on your iPad. I get a perfectly clear signal.

Reactions: Matt and Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead