DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji app

Cobra

Reactions
On the top of the dji app when I was flying yesterday the remote control was flashing while I was flying but I had full signal bars. Any cause of why or what it means. Thanks.....

I get that quite regularly too. If either the rc or the hd icons flash it indicates a small amount of interference with the rc or Mavic respectively. TBH I've learnt not to get too concerned about it. It doesn't happen with the older versions of Go as far as I can see, so you could call it a new 'feature'.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Ahh OK.... Yeah both have full signal so I was just wondering . Hey if I have a old pad with no cellars service can I use it with the mavic. Obviously it has Wi-Fi so I can download the app from home?

Absolutely, but test it in the back yard first to make sure whatever iPad it is is up to the task. The only think you'll really miss out in the field with a non cellular is no live map updates, but you could always hotspot to your phone for that. Non cellular iPads also don't have gps, so you'll also not be able to use follow me, but it's no great loss in my opinion. You can still use active track etc.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Make sure the flat surface of the antennas are pointed directly at the aircraft at all times, especially the further away the aircraft is from you. That should eliminate the flashing you mentioned.

OK I'm gonna try that ... I had them at a 45 angle. Plus I was only like a 1,100 ft out I think.

Transmitting a signal to the Mavic can also be done by bouncing the signal from surfaces such as the ground or a house. You could think of it as being similar to reflecting sound waves from one area to another. If you were flying in a neighborhood, you could stand behind a house and point the remote controller at the side of the neighbor's house and control the aircraft while flying in the front of the house.

Btw, if you were at 45 degrees on the antennas, you were most likely pointing the signal into the ground. I always use 90 degrees unless flying over head.

Reactions: Wacker2611
My iPad mini is non cellular with no gps and is used to fly with my P2 plus. How do you hotspot live maps to your phone?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My iPad mini is non cellular with no gps and is used to fly with my P2 plus. How do you hotspot live maps to your phone?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Kind of off topic, but you can cache the maps where you'll be flying, use your phone, or use your phone as a hotspot. Which iOS devices are you using? Are you flying a Mavic too?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan