DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Question - What If You Don't Open Immediately?

lilsalmon

Reactions
So I have poured through the DJI Care Refresh threads and the website. I think I have a question that hasn't been answered or approached.

I purchased my Mavic from DJI Offical Amazon store. It arrived today. I am interested in DJI Care Refresh and want to purchase. I have yet to open the box etc. and probably do not plan to right away. I have a trip planned first week of March to Mexico that I want to take the unit for.

With all that being said.... If I do NOT open anything till say mid-February, once opened I register it and then purchase the DJI Care Refresh.

Given the 48 hour piece do you think this is feasible? Can I actually wait as long as I am not using the Mavic or even opening and I purchase upon immediate registration. I feel like this would be ok as long as the 48 hours isn't tied to purchase date?

Thoughts, opinions are welcome...

-Lil'

Its 48 hrs from registration as you cannot fly it without registering it.

Reactions: jointeffort
Registering it with the FAA, or another registration process?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI.... Until you complete the registration process through the DJI GO4 app the drone won't be activated so it won't take off.

During this process you will be prompted to buy DJI Care Refresh as I was and I did.

Reactions: ptrrespaty
I already am registered with the FAA for my Phantom 3 Pro. I was actually referring to what I thought was the registration with DJI upon actually opening it up and use. Since the DJI Care Refresh is only a 12 month deal I would prefer to have the coverage from the actual time I start using it versus burning a month and a half in the box. Its winter here in the Northeast, so short of getting comfortable with the unit compared to my P3Pro, I wont really be setting it up till mid February.

If I am reading everyone's responses and I do that you all for them, If I hold off on opening/using and registering at DJI I can start and purchase my DJI Care Refresh at that time versus today.

-Lil'

I already am registered with the FAA for my Phantom 3 Pro. I was actually referring to what I thought was the registration with DJI upon actually opening it up and use. Since the DJI Care Refresh is only a 12 month deal I would prefer to have the coverage from the actual time I start using it versus burning a month and a half in the box. Its winter here in the Northeast, so short of getting comfortable with the unit compared to my P3Pro, I wont really be setting it up till mid February.

If I am reading everyone's responses and I do that you all for them, If I hold off on opening/using and registering at DJI I can start and purchase my DJI Care Refresh at that time versus today.

-Lil'

You can open it and turn it on if you want. You just can't start the motors.

-Lil'

"If I am reading everyone's responses and I do that you all for them, If I hold off on opening/using and registering at DJI I can start and purchase my DJI Care Refresh at that time versus today."

Correct

What do you get with Care Refresh that you don't get with the normal warranty?

"If I am reading everyone's responses and I do that you all for them, If I hold off on opening/using and registering at DJI I can start and purchase my DJI Care Refresh at that time versus today."

Correct
Thank you to all who helped answer this question.... now Nanuk and/or HPRC needs to get their stuff together with their cases and get them on the market.

I purchased my Mavic Fly More Combo directly from DJI and it has not yet shipped so I am considering buying the DJI Care Refresh option for $99, but I stopped when I saw that apparently it provides NOTHING extra for you UNLESS you crash and crashed according to their posted guidelines but then you have to pay an ADDITIONAL $79 for the first replacement and $129 for a second replacement??? There ought to be SOME physical benefit from just the $99 price. Am I reading that correctly?

I purchased my Mavic Fly More Combo directly from DJI and it has not yet shipped so I am considering buying the DJI Care Refresh option for $99, but I stopped when I saw that apparently it provides NOTHING extra for you UNLESS you crash and crashed according to their posted guidelines but then you have to pay an ADDITIONAL $79 for the first replacement and $129 for a second replacement??? There ought to be SOME physical benefit from just the $99 price. Am I reading that correctly?

The benefit is you get a new Mavic for less than $200 instead of $1000.

Reactions: MrBob1957

Warranty is if there is a defect in the bird.

Refresh is if you crash it and its broken. So they are different if you assume you will never crash then you don't need this. If you hit a tree a house a power line or anything else and it fell to the ground broke a leg and gimble/camera you will get it replaced for 79.00 plus your original 99. So around 178.00 to get a new mavic. If not you will be paying DJI around 500 or more to repair it without the refresh.

I do get that but IMO, to be more open about the whole thing, they should have simply said that the replacement coverage is $178 if you want 1 or $228 for 2 replacements.
I know...I'm picking nits
:rolleyes:

I do get that but IMO, to be more open about the whole thing, they should have simply said that the replacement coverage is $178 if you want 1 or $228 for 2 replacements.
I know...I'm picking nits
:rolleyes:

It's an insurance. 99 for a year 79.00 deductible.

Tell your car or home insurance the same thing and see what happens.

Reactions: Big Bull
Thank you to all who helped answer this question.... now Nanuk and/or HPRC needs to get their stuff together with their cases and get them on the market.
Im using this one from MC-Cases

e69e11e323778e8fff66c7e3f501341f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078