DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh vS DIY Repair

Mavicao

Reactions
I just received my Mavic Pro, coming from a salvaged Parrot Bebop that had suffered water damage and I had to replace the motherboard. It served me well but I'm glad I get to retire it.

I have 24 hours left to aquire the DJI Care Refresh and I've been going through Mavic Pros' crash videos finding that very rarely do they suffer damage to the point that they can no longer fly and if they do it's usually a small replaceable part that's broken.

Most individual replacement parts cost less than 50$ and I'm yet to see a completely wrecked Mavic on YouTube. Honestly, right now the only reason I find myself considering the Refresh over repairing it myself is potential water damage, but even then, if it's a deep enough lake or sea you may not be able to retrieve the drone at all so the Refresh won't do any good.

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you have State Farm drone insurance available in your location.? Thats another alternative.

BTW, you are not restricted to register for DJI Refresh within 48 hours after registration of the drone. As long as you can prove that it's airworthy, DJI will extend that date for quite a while.

Reactions: Mavicao
I do not have any kind of drone insurance available in my country yet. It really sucks, because from what I've been reading on the forum it's a lot better than having Refresh. I still tried to contact multiple insurance companies but didn't have any luck.

What I'm thinking of doing is get the DJI Refresh and if I do crash the drone (which most definitely won't happen! haha) I'll figure out if it's better to have it replaced through Refresh, repaired by DJI or if it's a minor repair like a broken arm I'l repair it myself. In the meantime I'll be flying with some peace of mind and not worry about every bird I spot or every high wind alarm.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986