DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI discontinues Phantom series!

I would love to think it is going to be an announcement about a new Phantom but I have realistically pretty well given up.

For that matter authorised DJI dealers were told toi expect an announcement on the Phantom by mid Jan ... it didn't happen (obviously)

DJI make so many other products that it may not even be an announcement about an aircraft let alone a Phantom series.

Regards
Ari

Oh I completely agree with this. There's a lot of chatter about an Osmo like "Hasselblad" camera. There's chatter about a modular system incorporating a larger folding drone, a hand held and a land based rover. I'll believe the rover when I see it but since the Osmo and the Inspire already use the same camera, I don't think it's a big deal if they come out with a smaller version.

Check this out will you people *face palm*

Bill seems to be placing his bets "each way" now. He's removed the previously linked video and now posted this.

I think we can be excused for being confused at this point. Personally I'm just going to give up and wait and see what happens.

Regards
Ari

Bill seems to be placing his bets "each way" now. He's removed the previously linked video and now posted this.
Very strange.

Its apparent to me, from the statements of Phantom defenders here, that anyone who has alot of time and money tied up in the Phantom series, doesnt want to see it go away. Understandable, but certainly biased.

Its apparent to me, from the statements of Phantom defenders here, that anyone who has alot of time and money tied up in the Phantom series, doesnt want to see it go away. Understandable, but certainly biased.

Oh I fully admit I'd like either the P4P v2.0 to continue or another "Phantom like" airframe to be announced but simply from a commercial operations perspective, not through any emotional slant or bias. I'd be totally happy with a Mavic series carrying a camera with a mechanical shutter ... just give me something with 30 minutes flight time and a mechanical shutter XD

At this stage the behaviour and information coming from DJI is as msinger said "very strange" even by DJI standards.

At this point I'll continue to watch the show roll by and maybe drop a comment or observation along the way but I have no expectation or claim of knowing anything for certain until it happens as the waters are just too muddied .. and I can't help but wonder it that was the intention .

Regards
Ari

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4