DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI drops AirMap and increases size of airport No Fly zones.

It just looks like some of you are bent on worrying about what DJI might do...it's pointless.

Black coffee.....
Bread pudding with whiskey sauce......
God bless All of our Veterans

And how do you know it won't be even MORE grossly inaccurate? The map has two no fly zones near me for a grass runway unused for decades but still registered and for two "helipads" never used as far as I can tell. The restrictions like these are a joke and completely degrade the system. I am not a fan of yet more restrictions. I am not a threat to these unused ports yet DJI says I can't fly there.

I'm in the same situation. Grass strips that are miles away, a once tower controlled airport that has been abandoned for two decades and formally closed by its University owner a couple of years back ( still on Airmap). Helipads at businesses that no longer own or use helicopters. The problem with unrealistic restrictions is that they do become jokes, and thus get ignored which degrade respect for the regulations that actually matter.

Reactions: Andrew F
it's a sad comentary that only DJI an other high dollar Drones are regulated by electronics and any idiot can go to WallMart, buy a $50 dollar drone and fly it anyplace he likes. Also it's rather sad that the FAA has no teeth.

it's a sad comentary that only DJI an other high dollar Drones are regulated by electronics and any idiot can go to WallMart, buy a $50 dollar drone and fly it anyplace he likes. Also it's rather sad that the FAA has no teeth.
Typically a $50 can't fly very high without losing signal. It might not even be heavy enough to require a registration.
My Syma X5 didn't require registration as it is under the weight requirement but I registered anyway when FAA came out with it.

Tell me about it. I live in that mess. Not easy to find a place to fly. At least the ocean is some what unrestricted.
and the one at the south end of lake Wini at Alton Bay is an ICE airport only used a couple of months during the winter when the Ice is thick enough for a plane to lane on it, yet it is a FAA Registered Airport.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard