DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI drops AirMap and increases size of airport No Fly zones.

I live near many single runway private grass strips with no towers or control center that maybe land a small single engine plane a few times a year. Yet I still get warnings that I have to contact the CT , if they make these so I can't fly there I miight as well get rid of my drone:mad:

How much and what model is it? Ha... messing with you, you don't seem the type to give up so easily.

I dont think those would count. But you only need to be outside the 5 mile circle for most airports anyway. If you live near an airport that is restricted, and you are not willing to go somewhere else that is safe to fly it, maybe a flying toy is not for you right now. Try RC cars or trucks.

R/C Boats are pretty cool too.

Im just wondering how were gonna fly if DJI adds all these little grass strips that maybe have to landings a year. I'LL but some other drone that does n't have all the restrictions.

Im just wondering how were gonna fly if DJI adds all these little grass strips that maybe have to landings a year. I'LL but some other drone that does n't have all the restrictions.

Under Part 107 you don't worry about them, while under recreational rules you make an effort to notify and then call it good. Or, if you prefer, you wring your hands and fret completely unnecessarily about being unable to fly.

Where do you live that is lousy with "little grass strips"? They are pretty few and far between in central Nebraska, where a LOT of private strips are.

Where do you live that is lousy with "little grass strips"? They are pretty few and far between in central Nebraska, where a LOT of private strips are.
What I'm orried about is DJI making them a complete NFZ like major airports were you can't even take off

I've been able to get my Mavic Pro unlocked in a no fly zone merely by supplying contact info to DJI on line at the time. Can't recall the process off hand as it's only happened ounce last summer. I don't usually frequent no fly zones.

What I'm orried about is DJI making them a complete NFZ like major airports were you can't even take off
In Munson, Florida there’s a little 6000 foot grass strip with no control tower or nothing ...... just 6000 feet of grass strip for landing. and I wonder what that could be for? Hmmmmm

In Munson, Florida there’s a little 6000 foot grass strip with no control tower or nothing ...... just 6000 feet of grass strip for landing. and I wonder what that could be for? Hmmmmm
6000 ft runway is pretty long for a grass strip and can land good size aircraft. Most of the so called airports here are under 1500ft and most 900 ft to 1000 ft. Suitable for small single engine and may be a small twin but nothing bigger.

Reactions: dawgpilot
6000 ft runway is pretty long for a grass strip and can land good size aircraft. Most of the so called airports here are under 1500ft and most 900 ft to 1000 ft. Suitable for small single engine and may be a small twin but nothing bigger.

whats your point here your not saying anythinjg,now we have a picture .OF WHAT??
Ok, Lt Klink.......it’s a strip in SantaRosa County, Fla..... Bear Lake. In the Woods
OBTW....... I have no idea

I don't usually frequent no fly zones.

I have a couple of obstacles in my area also, no big deal. If I want to put my drone up in my back yard I am in a NFZ just outside the red restricted zone here in Bullhead City. It is an "International" Airport with no International flights only charter flights and unannounced private jets coming here to park, a lot cheaper than parking at Las Vegas International. Only one N/S runway.
Colorado River is 504' elevation and surrounded by approximately 4,000' mountains on each side.
DJI zones      .jpg
N/S insert is 35 - 40 miles. Be smart, fly responsibly and follow the rules in effect. No big deal

Here are detailed instructions on how to unlock a NFZ (yellow Authorization zone)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev