DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FAQ: Turn off cellular and BT (and wifi?) on phone when flying???

RetiredInFL

Very Large Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Is it really necessary to turn everything off when flying. According to DJI 2S FAQ:

How can I improve the signal receiving quality of the DJI Air 2S remote controller?

The remote controller antennas are built into the mobile phone holder. Please adjust the antenna direction according to the position of the aircraft. For more information about antenna directions, please refer to the User Manual.
In addition, do not wear any wearable devices with information transmission function during flight, and ensure that the mobile phone wireless network and Bluetooth are turned off to avoid interference with the aircraft's image transmission signal.

I use Hotspot to get the maps loaded then switch the iPhone to airplane mode. If I have people with me I ask them to do the same. All part of the preflight checklist. Why take unnecessary chances, I’m not going to answer the phone when operating the drone anyway.

Always. I turn off Bluetooth / WiFi / and put into Aeroplane Mode before takeoff.? Additionally I either don’t wear my Apple Watch or leave it in the car. Never had an issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark