DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI G0 4 4.2.8

Was fine for me and just updated to 4.2.12 . Will try it in abit.

Every time I update, it adds more NO FLY Zones! We have a small airport 7 miles away, and now I have to check a box every time I fly the Mavic,or Spark,signing my life away, before the flight! Now when I check the No Fly zones, it shows me in the no fly zone, where as I wasn't before? Are we going to 10 mile No Fly Zones?I can even move out of the New larger NFZ and I still have to sign my life away? Geeez!

Reactions: WAXMAN
I'm actually on iOS 11.4 beta and the latest DGIGo4 with no issues. Have had three flights and no incidents or glitches.

Reactions: macoman
Did they fix the map and radar positions on the main screen for the Moverio glasses? I will probably update later this evening.

Hi ksmusa, Thanks for your reply. I really meant to place this in the moverio section but I'm a newbee. My problem is I just got the glasses, they were used but in great shape. I updated them on Saturday and the is a map on the right side and an empty map box on the right. No big deal but.... I'm hoping this issue has been fixed in Epsons 4.2.8.

Hi ksmusa, Thanks for your reply. I really meant to place this in the moverio section but I'm a newbee. My problem is I just got the glasses, they were used but in great shape. I updated them on Saturday and the is a map on the right side and an empty map box on the right. No big deal but.... I'm hoping this issue has been fixed in Epsons 4.2.8.

No worries . I will recheck my Moverio as well as I recently updated on that platform .[emoji1360][emoji3]

Last edited:
Reactions: WAXMAN
Unfortunately I still have the map issue. The map and radar are working but they are not displayed properly. Meaning, I have a blank outline of a map box on the left while the actual map is being displayed in right hand corner of the display. If I click on the left hand map box outline it will change to the radar display on the left and the map on right will disappear. I was under the impression both the radar and the map should both be on the screen at the same time. Perhaps I am wrong. I think I read someone lowered the screen resolution and was able to see both the radar and local map at the same time. I also tested the OTG cable with the latest release and it still does not work with the spark. OTG works fine with the mavic. I may sideload 4.1.15, at least I will get the OTG working again with my spark.

Everytime there is an update is improvements to the fly experience. I think everyone should update!
Depends, I used to do that until .18 when the app became a crack. Last year, when I updated to this version the app froze the app froze every single flight I did, so I wrote DJI and they simply said that I need to have a device listed in their compatibility list. Well, I waited a stable version 4.2.4(516-googlePlay) be available and now that everything is in peace again between DJI Go and my Moto Z2 Play, I disabled the automatic update.

Everything now is smooth. The only think I miss is the offline maps they took off since they changed Here Maps by mapbox.

Btw, anyone knows if the app has the offline function available again?

My MP flies fine for me, ever sense the last update i looked at wanted to take away "my" option to go back in versions, I don't trust DJI and don't update anything. I see no need to as the MP flies just fine.

and more bloat (secneo?) and processor power required...

I think this probably right. Since the last update of Go4 app, my iPad mini always reports "Device processor overloaded. Performance may suffer, etc." and sure enough the video feed is spastic at first but then appears to smooth out. I have removed all other apps that can be removed and I don't cash the video any more in an attempt to mitigate this and an overheating issue in hot weather.

Should I consider a newer iPad? Mine is more than a year old.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer