DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4.0.1 update (Dec 14, 2016)

I updated the app and tested it in the house. First thing it did is ask which mode I wanted. C-AF or MF. Did the first C-AF. As I was checking my other settings I walked in front of the mavic and it did a auto focus instantly. I stepped away and it refocused instantly again. Is this new or have I been hitting the centre focus button for no reason as I fly. I believe it is new because the green AF square stays on the screen permanently now. Would be great to not have to hit centre focus 50 times per flight.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Peel
(iOS here) some quick observations:
- looks like we now have both radar and map on the screen simultaneously

I could be wrong, but I swear I already had both radar and map on the screen simultaneously, even before this latest update. I'm on Ipad mini 2 and iphone 6.

I updated the app and tested it in the house. First thing it did is ask which mode I wanted. C-AF or MF. Did the first C-AF. As I was checking my other settings I walked in front of the mavic and it did a auto focus instantly. I stepped away and it refocused instantly again. Is this new or have I been hitting the centre focus button for no reason as I fly. I believe it is new because the green AF square stays on the screen permanently now. Would be great to not have to hit centre focus 50 times per flight.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
That's interesting. Sounds like a good thing if it's not excessive. I think there is usually a little jitter when you tap to autofocus. So this is a good thing as long as the autofocus occurs seamlessly; without being noticeable during playback.

I could be wrong, but I swear I already had both radar and map on the screen simultaneously, even before this latest update. I'm on Ipad mini 2 and iphone 6.
Hmmmm...iPad mini (2) and iPhone 6 here also. I don't remember seeing both, just either one or the other in the bottom-left corner. Maybe I missed something.

Hmmmm...iPad mini (2) and iPhone 6 here also. I don't remember seeing both, just either one or the other in the bottom-left corner. Maybe I missed something.
I always had both on my iPad mini 4, but not on my iPhone SE. Looks like there is still no radar on the iPhone SE, too small of a screen.

I just checked my iphone 6 (I haven't updated this one yet) and it only shows one at a time. But I'm pretty sure my ipad mini 2 had both...even before the update.

Anyone tried the new Cinematic Mode? What does it do?
I guess it is not the same as Tripod mode...?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I would be very interested in that answer as well!

Did two flights, tried DJI GO 4 today, after two spontaneous disconnections I decided to use DJI GO again, which works perfect.

I stick with DJI GO for now, no update for Android to 4.0.1 so far.

Reactions: Andrew F
Well if you are using a Mavic, you should be on DJI Go 4.
Some of us are still using go 3 , I haven't switched over to go4 because
Did two flights, tried DJI GO 4 today, after two spontaneous disconnections I decided to use DJI GO again, which works perfect.

I stick with DJI GO for now, no update for Android to 4.0.1 so far.
I'm still using dji go as well.

Does the map now follow the aircraft? That hasn't worked for me from the beginning. I'd test it but my MP is o its way back to Carson for the magnetic interference issue.

No, Android. I've seen others posting about it too. You can choose the aircraft while in the map mode, and it'll snap to its current position. However, as you fly, the map does not follow. The aircraft simply flies off the map. I waste precious time trying to locate it on the map.

That may be. I just got prompted by Play for an update. It may have been outdated since I don't auto update.

ETA - you're right. It's 4.0.0(74). Sorry... Didn't catch that this notice was iOS only. Did you ever have the issue with the map not tracking the aircraft? And if so, does this update resolve it?

I did get "high wind" warnings with the V4 app (not with the V3 app).
Still got it after the update this morning. I appreciate the warning (it was windy), but IMHO it is set at too low wind speed.
I am guided by current wind conditions I get on the web (always check before flying).
I normally fly in high winds and get 10 - 15 messages per flight. Only got 1 on the last few flights since the update. I guess they adjusted the threshold.

I noticed "auto focus" being default now also. Don't recall seeing that before. Fixes the one item most complained about when the Mavic appeared on the market.

I noticed "auto focus" being default now also. Don't recall seeing that before. Fixes the one item most complained about when the Mavic appeared on the market.

Does that mean it will continually focus on whatever's in front of it while you fly without tapping?

Reactions: Frits
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman