DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI go 4 for iPad 2

Hi Squidy, welcome to the forum. DJIGo 4 has some pretty high processor requirements as well as the iOS version requirement. To run well on iOS devices, I'd say you need something that's current generation hardware or maybe one generation back. I hope that helps! Happy flying!

Reactions: Thanohano44
I am wondering why I can't download DJI go 4 on my iPad 2. I have the required iso 9 so what is the problem.
Also if you are planning on buying a Mavic 2 please use my affiliate link.

I think an iPad Air 2 is the oldest iPad that will work on dji go 4 and it isn’t recommended.

Go on Amazon and type in “iPad Pro cellular renewed”. There are some great deals. I got a 3rd Gen for 1TB iPad Pro 12.9 for $1050. I’ve been told the 1st Gen iPad pros still work great with DJIGO4. Great deals. This should save you some money on an upgrade.

Reactions: spicciani2
I think an iPad Air 2 is the oldest iPad that will work on dji go 4 and it isn’t recommended.

Go on Amazon and type in “iPad Pro cellular renewed”. There are some great deals. I got a 3rd Gen for 1TB iPad Pro 12.9 for $1050. I’ve been told the 1st Gen iPad pros still work great with DJIGO4. Great deals. This should save you some money on an upgrade.

If you are merely looking for a viewscreen for the controller the mini 4 +cellular works well.

Requires IOS 10 or higher
Is not compatible with the IPad 2, but it is with the IPad mini 2 (go figure)
Wouldn't run on the IPad 2 worth a darn anyway. Not enough processor ooomph to run properly.

The Air2 is slightly quicker than a mini 4 (not by much) and both work ok with GO4. You almost certainly need to be on a later iOS than 9 though- that is likely your problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone