DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 wont launch on iPad mini

radbrad1

Reactions
The Go app hangs on the splash screen, you know the one with the skateboard and that big clunky Phantom 4. It will hang for less than a minute and then close. Scared to death to reinstall the app and get some restrictions with an update.
I have turned the iPad off
I have done a reset to the iPad
I have plugged my controller into the iPad
Nothing seems to get me past the intro screen, any ideas? It worked great all day yesterday and has airplane mode the whole time. Thanks

same thing happened to me yesterday,I had to uninstall and reinstall my app,I'm 4.0.6

So if I go to the app store wont I just get fed the latest version? How do I load an alder one?

Since the problem with botched updates and inability (at least, easy) to rollback the app will be continuing forever, this is an opprtunity to think about using an Android device, where any version (and even multiple concurrent versions) can be installed at will and in seconds.

Upgraded today... DJI GO4 App 4.1.18 & Latest F/W
All went smoothly, no issues, all looks Good/O.K so far.

iPad Mini 4 Cellular & Wi-Fi ~ 128GB
Model: MK8D2B/A
IOS 10.3.2***
(***to many issues with IOS 11, just Google, inc a big security issue but that was quickly fixed, but...!!!)

To many people are quick to blame DJI, they are coding against a moving target...
Will see how 11.x is in a couple of months.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app with the above rollback to an earlier ver. of DJI Go and it worked. Don't know for how long maybe related to the IOS 11.2, if it happens again Ill attempt to roll that back too.

Since the problem with botched updates and inability (at least, easy) to rollback the app will be continuing forever, this is an opprtunity to think about using an Android device, where any version (and even multiple concurrent versions) can be installed at will and in seconds.
Galaxy S7 was my device when I first got my Mavic, then an update from Samsung made it useless for that purpose. I heard the same argument before about android and got the iPad.

Upgraded today... DJI GO4 App 4.1.18 & Latest F/W
All went smoothly, no issues, all looks Good/O.K so far.

iPad Mini 4 Cellular & Wi-Fi ~ 128GB
Model: MK8D2B/A
IOS 10.3.2***
(***to many issues with IOS 11, just Google, inc a big security issue but that was quickly fixed, but...!!!)

To many people are quick to blame DJI, they are coding against a moving target...
Will see how 11.x is in a couple of months.

Maybe they should wait until it stops moving then...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee