DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI 4.1.18 crashes on IOS 11.2

Rob W

Reactions
The new app, DJI GO 4 (VER 4.1.18) is crashing on my iphone 7 plus.
It wont even stay running long enough to submit a support ticket.
This happens both with the Mavic Pro connected as well as with the app running by itself.
has anyone found how to fix the app crash?

I am looking for answers other than try uninstall and reinstall the app, roll back to a previous version, or maybe it is a conspiracy.
I need to use my Mavic for photographic jobs and cant afford the downtime.

I have now taken the new "test" and aced it 4 times, but it seems to keep coming back. WHY?????
Update, the test seems to have quit coming up but the app crashes about every minute or sometimes less.

Is there any chance that the "test" is not being recognized as being completed and is shutting down the app?

THE PROBLEM STARTED WITH THE LAST UPDATE.

Reactions: cderoche

...I am looking for answers other than try uninstall and reinstall the app, roll back to a previous version, or...

...THE PROBLEM STARTED WITH THE LAST UPDATE.
You may not want to roll back to a previous version but I think that is the fix to your problem. You can't fix a buggy update. Rollback to the last working version, keep a copy of it available, and turn off auto-updating. Fly in airplane mode to keep it from checking for updates.

An auto-update to 4.1.18 hosed my video feed so I had to rollback to .15 which works well (Android). I have heard here that the video problem has been fixed in a minor .18 update but your case shows there may be other problems.

You may not want to roll back to a previous version but I think that is the fix to your problem. You can't fix a buggy update. Rollback to the last working version, keep a copy of it available, and turn off auto-updating. Fly in airplane mode to keep it from checking for updates.

An auto-update to 4.1.18 hosed my video feed so I had to rollback to .15 which works well (Android). I have heard here that the video problem has been fixed in a minor .18 update but your case shows there may be other problems.
This happens both with the Mavic Pro connected as well as with the app running by itself.

I am looking for answers other than try uninstall and reinstall the app, roll back to a previous version, or maybe it is a conspiracy.

I have now taken the new "test" and aced it 4 times, but it seems to keep coming back. WHY?????
Update, the test seems to have quit coming up but the app crashes about every minute or sometimes less.

Is there any chance that the "test" is not being recognized as being completed and is shutting down the app?

I’m having the same issue on iOS. With the current update. Although the app crashes while I was flying. Luckily it has just taken off. The app comes back but ofcourse will crash again. Will try to reinstall and see if that works.

Reactions: JazaAfrika
Similar issue here. The Mavic will take off and fly but the app will crash mid flight. If I restart app while flying it comes back up like nothing happened. Happens every 30 secs to 1 mn. I also noticed today some of my flight records aren’t showing up.

Luckily I can still fly and get home.

This is day 2 for me with the Mavic.

Even when I open the app without connecting to the Mavic the app still crashes.

I am using a iPhone 7+ running 11.1.2 and DJI go4 app 4.1.18

I had this issue a couple of days ago, raised a thread here. I was running iOS 11.1. When I updated to iOS 11.2, DJI Go works again. Fingers crossed it stays working.

I had this issue a couple of days ago, raised a thread here. I was running iOS 11.1. When I updated to iOS 11.2, DJI Go works again. Fingers crossed it stays working.
Thanks. I was curious if that was the issue. I can’t update my iPhone until my work “certifies” the next update for the iPhone. I may just update and check again.

Same prob. I'm on the iPhone 5se, and NOOOOO problems until the last Mavic update and/or the DJI GO4 (VER 4.1.18) update. How do you roll back the DJI GO4 app to the previous version again?

Same problem with my MP. I use a Mini IPad 4, iOS 11.1.
I flew yesterday afternoon 10 minutes, no problem at all. Came home, wanted to see the Flights Log (without firing up the MP) and the Go4 app would not go beyond the welcome page (the one showing a skateboard, a helmet, a white Phantom, a SRL camera and few other accessories). Sometimes the other starting page (the white one with a MP in the middle) would appear, other times would not. Just dead.
I updated the Go4 to the latest version, it would now start, but crashing every minute or so. Then I updated the firmware to 4.1.18: it took me half hour, the download and later the upgrade would crash continuously. I gave up Upgrading (while the Download restarts from where it stopped, the Upgrading will every time restart from zero, it was not simply working) and installed iOS 11.2, since the system was prompting that there was a new iOS available. It is now somehow stuck while upgrading the iOS, I hope it will work.
Very disappointing...

UPDATE: It took forever (about 90 minutes) to Upgrade the iPad to iOS 11.2 and the MP to firmware 4.1.18, but I had no more Go4 App crashes. I left the MP motors running while controlling all the parameters, and the App worked fine. I confirm that few parameters are changed (RTH height, max flight height, max distance, EXP and Sensitivity in Advance Settings of the first sub-menu) but basically all the others are left as they were previously.
Hope it works also when the bird is up and far away...

By the way, an additional hint: my MP suffered recently from Jello defects while shooting, especially with strong wind or when flying fast forward. I mounted a neutral filter on the lens, and the weight of the filter seems to have solved the problem. At least, in the 10-minutes flight of yesterday I had no Jello flaws in my footage.

Last edited:
Reactions: s2seyecle

See my post above. You could update youriPhone's iOS to 11.2 , the Go4 app to the latest version and the MP firmware to 4.1.18.
It worked with my iPad 4 Mini.

I do apologise. My link was for Android. My mistake.
No problem, for the time being the problem seems to be solved updating everything (iOS, Go4, FW)

If you know a place where also the iOS former releases are kept, pls do share a link.Thanks!

No problem, for the time being the problem seems to be solved updating everything (iOS, Go4, FW)

If you know a place where also the iOS former releases are kept, pls do share a link.Thanks!
The ONLY way to do it I'm aware of is to backup the phone periodically then you can restore the older version of GO4.

Same problem with my MP. I use a Mini IPad 4, iOS 11.1.
I flew yesterday afternoon 10 minutes, no problem at all. Came home, wanted to see the Flights Log (without firing up the MP) and the Go4 app would not go beyond the welcome page (the one showing a skateboard, a helmet, a white Phantom, a SRL camera and few other accessories). Sometimes the other starting page (the white one with a MP in the middle) would appear, other times would not. Just dead.

UPDATE to my previous post, 6 messages above this: I flew a 25 minutes regular flight this afternoon, but Go4 was performing strangely before take off. It was not recognizing the bird, although this was regularly connected. Had to restart the iPad: the flight was regularly ended, all logs and backup videos are recorded and saved in the iPad, but there is no mention of it in the Go4 Flights Log section, accessible with the three-dots icon on the right top part of the welcome page. Where one can keep all the statistics of his flights. As if I did not fly it! ...???

Reactions: dbcnc1955
I’m having the same issue on iOS. With the current update. Although the app crashes while I was flying. Luckily it has just taken off. The app comes back but ofcourse will crash again. Will try to reinstall and see if that works.
I have the same issue! Deleted and reinstalled - keeps crashing.

What to do now?

I have the same issue! Deleted and reinstalled - keeps crashing.

What to do now?

I solved my crashing Go 4 this way:

Delete video cash
Switch video cash off

Had 12 flights since and Go 4 remains stable

Wrote a mail to Dji and got an answer that the issue will be sorted with the latest upgrade

Delete video cash
Switch video cash off

Wrote a mail to Dji and got an answer that the issue will be sorted with the latest upgrade

Delete video cash
Switch video cash off

Thanks! Will try that.

Also - when I try to download the original images/video via the app it crashes now. Do you think this will also sort that issue out?

Reactions: s2seyecle
Slightly OT but this latest iOS 11.2 has me seeing red - it is more or less insisting that I setup ApplePay.
Don't need it. Don't want it.
Yet I have no way of opting out. Big red numero uno on the settings icon to let me know that it requires my attention, the text disingenuously says I need to "finish setting up your iPhone".
The final straw was this morning I went to text my wife that I made it in ok (raining and I ride a motorcycle) and I couldn't because I had a full page ad telling me how wonderful ApplePay is!
The arrogance! I had to get out of and reenter messenger to clear it.
I paid a lot of money for this phone and I detest they think they can coopt and subvert it to their ends - not mine.
</rant>

Similar issue here. The Mavic will take off and fly but the app will crash mid flight. If I restart app while flying it comes back up like nothing happened. Happens every 30 secs to 1 mn. I also noticed today some of my flight records aren’t showing up.

Luckily I can still fly and get home.

This is day 2 for me with the Mavic.

Even when I open the app without connecting to the Mavic the app still crashes.

I am using a iPhone 7+ running 11.1.2 and DJI go4 app 4.1.18

I'm having the same issues on iPhone 10 and iPad Air.

Reactions: alanrg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2