DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Android, can't open app!

88lance

Reactions
Well, I'm in kind of an urgent bind all of a sudden. I got an Android Moto Edge a few months back, everything worked great. Then it turns out it had a defective battery. I'm leaving for Philippines and Bali friday, and was excited that they made the repair and sent my Edge back in time. :D
Downloaded all my apps again, clicked DJI, and it wont open. updated everything, wont open. Uninstalled and reinstalled, wont open. wth? Now I get to leave for an epic trip with a bricked drone? Is there any fix for this? It's going to be some serious bs if I spent this much on a trip, and can't even use the drone for parts of my shots.

Reactions: RodPad
If you didn't already try this, install the latest Android version of whichever DJI apps you're using from the DJI Download Center.

If you didn't already try this, install the latest Android version of whichever DJI apps you're using from the DJI Download Center.
I think thats what worked. I went to playstore and uninstalled and reinstalled, and it didnt work. But then I went to DJI's actual website, and clicked their install link, and it worked. I would have thought those were the same thing, just coming from a different place, but apparently they are different somehow. Pretty relieved haha Thanks!

They aren't the same. That's why DJI doesn't link directly to the Google Play Store anymore (more details here).

Reactions: 88lance and RodPad
Well, I'm in kind of an urgent bind all of a sudden. I got an Android Moto Edge a few months back, everything worked great. Then it turns out it had a defective battery. I'm leaving for Philippines and Bali friday, and was excited that they made the repair and sent my Edge back in time. :D
Downloaded all my apps again, clicked DJI, and it wont open. updated everything, wont open. Uninstalled and reinstalled, wont open. wth? Now I get to leave for an epic trip with a bricked drone? Is there any fix for this? It's going to be some serious bs if I spent this much on a trip, and can't even use the drone for parts of my shots.
Did you download the app straight to phone SD card? If this is the location where the app is installed from, the icon on the phone screen will be slightly greyed-out and the app won't launch if the original SD card is not installed.

Reactions: tribar
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N