DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go4 App Displaying Low Memory Warning?

Srisport

Reactions
Hi All,

Currently flying my Mavic Pro successfully using the DJI Go4 App on a 16GB iPhone 6, but recently i have been getting warning messages pop up during flight about low memory which didn't pop up on the first few flights i did.

The drone still seems to respond ok and I'm yet to have an app crash (touch wood) and so far i have flown 2000m from my location at about 80-90m altitude and have not had a single problem with signal strength or anything.

Although i am now concerned that one day i will suffer an App crash, is there anything people can suggest to look for on the phone app or RC controller which might explain the low memory messages?

Kind Regards.

Photos and video are downloaded to your phone during flight. My 64gb iPhone filled up too. You may need to delete images and video to clear space on your phone.

Mark

Photos and video are downloaded to your phone during flight. My 64gb iPhone filled up too. You may need to delete images and video to clear space on your phone.

Mark

Ah I see, will this media been found within the DJI Go4 app or stored on my internal photo/video gallery? and is this something I need to do every few flights, my recorded videos are recorded to external memory anyway.

Regards.

There is a setting within the app to disable local caching. I have done this as my phone filled up and it caused it to start to run really slowly. All the footage is recorded on the SD card anyhow.

There is a setting within the app to disable local caching. I have done this as my phone filled up and it caused it to start to run really slowly. All the footage is recorded on the SD card anyhow.

Ah excellent thank you for your reply, also ive noticed you can limit the size of each video file. I think from the factory it comes set at 2GB but ive currently set it at 4GB (which is also the same limit that Go Pro's use) Do the vast majority of users thing this is a good thig or should I just put the file cache to the highest limit?

Regards.

Not going to take everything out to check, but it's at the same place as the other settings you found.

When it gets to this limit will it just over-right old data?

Regards.
It will overwrite as long as you have the option set to "Clear Cache Automatically". All of the cache settings are found in the General Settings section.

As a further note, you clear out all of your flight records from your iPhone if you wish. In the DJI Go 4 App, from the main screen (before entering the device), press the three lines in the upper right corner, select flight record and you will see your flights. Press the cloud sync button in the upper right corner and you will see options to sync your flights. There is also an option here to "Clear local flight records". This will delete the flights and the associated media from your device and free-up memory.

It will overwrite as long as you have the option set to "Clear Cache Automatically". All of the cache settings are found in the General Settings section.

As a further note, you clear out all of your flight records from your iPhone if you wish. In the DJI Go 4 App, from the main screen (before entering the device), press the three lines in the upper right corner, select flight record and you will see your flights. Press the cloud sync button in the upper right corner and you will see options to sync your flights. There is also an option here to "Clear local flight records". This will delete the flights and the associated media from your device and free-up memory.

Thank you for the additional help, if im understanding things right, if i connect my RC to the computer then i can access my flight data off the RC can't i through the DJI assistance app which i have installed on my macbook pro? or is flight data only available through the DJI Go4 app on my iPhone?

Regards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078