DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles delivery - Excitment rising ?

Mavic 57

Reactions
Thought it might be useful to discuss when you receive your DJI Goggles, I was lucky enough to order when 20th May 2017 was the release date, so as the date arrives let's see if it happens. No notification yet for my delivery. I received a delivery notification from DPD (Delivery company) for my Mavic Pro by text a day before delivery, no notification from DJI. Let's see how the Goggle deliveries pan out.

Good luck! I'm still waiting on my repaired mavic to come back after 28 days gimbal overload have to use up one of my DJI care exchanges and it has been 10 days since I paid them for it so I don't know what the heck they're doing.

Reactions: dupuisdaddyo
I applaud your faith in their release. Not holding my breath on this one. Bought my Mavic Pro from DJI direct in early March 17 and it arrived in 3 days. They set a high standard with me, but not sure about being in at the sharp end for the Goggles. Absolutely amazed by the Mavic Pro.

Last edited:
In the UK we can fly at 1000 ft; 300m altitude with FPV with an observer, as long as the observer has really great eye sight, otherwise limited to 120m non FPV. Thanks to an exemption courtesy of FPV UK in agreement with the CAA. So the goggles using FPV will enable me to fly legally at up to 300m altitude.

Reactions: Oconnb910
I applaud your faith in their release. Not holding my breath on this one. Bought my Mavic Pro from DJI direct in early March 17 and it arrived in 3 days. They set a high standard with me, but not sure about being in at the sharp end for the Goggles. Absolutely amazed by the Mavic Pro.

I think they will ship out on time but I am excited and yet nervous to get them.
Excited in that I think the screen and the features will be fantastic.
Nervous in that they might be so big and heavy that I may be apprehensive to use them.

Rob

I think they will ship out on time but I am excited and yet nervous to get them.
Nervous in that they might be so big and heavy that I may be apprehensive to use them.

Rob

What's the problem? I thought you were carrying fruit baskets on your head everyday.

Reactions: Merlin23

Rob
I know exactly what you mean and I actually went through that whole thought process myself I am a considerable newbie so yeah that's scary

In the UK we can fly at 1000 ft; 300m altitude with FPV with an observer, as long as the observer has really great eye sight, otherwise limited to 120m non FPV. Thanks to an exemption courtesy of FPV UK in agreement with the CAA. So the goggles using FPV will enable me to fly legally at up to 300m altitude.

Your phone or tablet do the same thing

Just got a text from DPD delivering my Goggles on Monday 22nd May, well done DJI on time. UK. Ordered 24/04/17 direct from DJI.

Rob
Got my shipping notice today that my goggles have shipped

What's the problem? I thought you were carrying fruit baskets on your head everyday.

My neck muscles are ready :) but I don't know if I can stand the ridicule:oops:.
There is a YouTube video of two guys with DJI goggles meeting up with some friends. Once the guy put them on, I heard every comment from his friends that I know I will hear from my friends.

Rob

Reactions: Cyberpower678
Ordered mine on the second "pre-orders are open again" notice on May 15. I immediately jumped in and ordered and paid via PayPal. Received my payment confirmation about an hour later with an expected ship date of June 10.

I'm both excited and anxious as a newbie. I only wish there were more details on the double density, larger CrystalSky monitor and IF it can be used with the Mavic Pro. If that were possible I think I'd cancel the goggles and go with the big, brighter monitor.

Oh well, you pay your money and take your chances.

Reactions: dupuisdaddyo
My neck muscles are ready :) but I don't know if I can stand the ridicule:oops:.
There is a YouTube video of two guys with DJI goggles meeting up with some friends. Once the guy put them on, I heard every comment from his friends that I know I will hear from my friends.

Rob
Just take all their comments through rose colored goggles! :)

I ordered from DJI Direct on Order Time: 2017-04-24 19:31:24 (UTC).
The DJI chat person today estimated a ship on May 30!!!! What's the deal? Did my ex-wife get a job in shipping???

Reactions: PKovacs92
I ordered from DJI Direct on Order Time: 2017-04-24 19:31:24 (UTC).
The DJI chat person today estimated a ship on May 30!!!! What's the deal? Did my ex-wife get a job in shipping???
In Indiana too. No email from DJI and no shipping status..... Maybe something against our state. Everyone else is getting theirs today or tomorrow. Still waiting here. Ordered direct at 17:35 UTC

Reactions: Spike1
In Indiana too. No email from DJI and no shipping status..... Maybe something against our state. Everyone else is getting theirs today or tomorrow. Still waiting here. Ordered direct at 17:35 UTC

Hey, this morning I looked at the website and see it newly marked as 'shipped' No tracking number, yet. If it is truly on the move...coupled with my Mavic order experience...I would have to say that online chat never tells valid info...perhaps because they have no access to valid info. I hope you see some movement, also.

Hey, this morning I looked at the website and see it newly marked as 'shipped' No tracking number, yet. If it is truly on the move...coupled with my Mavic order experience...I would have to say that online chat never tells valid info...perhaps because they have no access to valid info. I hope you see some movement, also.
Received email from DJI after inquiring about my shipment, told me sorry for delay, should be sent out today. Still no update on shipment from website though. It's interesting some people that ordered during 2nd round last week from Newegg have already received theirs. I think DJI has some more hiccups to work out in their shipping department. Even if they arrive 2 weeks later, it's still better than the shipping delays with the Mavic. It will be interesting to see how the shipping works on the spark when introduced on Wednesday.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan