DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles - Immersed with Out Of Focus Problems - Mike Mas

Mike Mas

Reactions
DJI Goggles - Immersed with Out Of Focus Problems

Hey Guy’s! I just posted this on another forum and thought I would shre it here as well . I wanted to mention my disappointment with the DJI Goggles with regard to their ergonomics. Not to be “Mis Interpreted”, the DJI Goggles set a new standard with regard to their amazing electronic technology, who would even imagine flying a machine or camera by just moving your head!

Regretfully, DJI forgot or didn’t want the expense to add some way of focusing the goggles. I mean with all the camera optics that DJI makes and sells, someone there had to realize that all eyes don’t focus the same. Even a cheap $15 pair of binoculars have some means of focus - what were they thinking? Making matters worse, the image resolution quality is less then what you’ll see on a good iPad Mini.

Regretfully, most all the guys who reviewed the Goggles must have different eyesight then possibly 99.99% of other pilots because I can’t recall any of them saying the image was out of focus, or maybe they just didn’t notice it or didn’t want to say anything?? Perhaps if the reviewers would have spent less time trying to use the goofy word “Immerse” in their vocabulary and concentrated on the image quality, more of us would have known of the problem beforehand.

Luckily, there is a sort of work-around - By going out and buying a correct set of magnifying glasses you can actually focus your eyes on the data on the display. My best advise is to go to your local drug store and pick up three sets of glasses; +1.50 / +1.75 and a +2.00. Next, take your time and wear each one for 10-15 minutes to let your eyes adjust to see which works best. You’ll want the lowest power, so your vision isn’t totally blurred when you look outside of the goggles. The next thing you do is return the others and get a extra pair. Its also important that you not get a skinny set of glasses, make sure they are big enough to see the lines of date at the extra top and bottom of the display without looking over or below them. I ended up with +2.00 which work very well.

As I have always said; with helicopters for every good - there’s some bad elsewhere, which applies to this eyeglass fix. The problem is; as you come in from a flight, and lift the visor, your now half-blind because these same glasses that helped you look in the visor are now totally blurring your normal vision! If all this wasn’t bad enough, if you thought it was clumbersum lifting these oversize over-weight Goggles off your face before, now you have to fumble around trying to drag those miserable glasses off your head all one-handed.

Another set-back is the terrible switch locations of the function buttons and their almost "Impossible to Feel" design. These two buttons should have been exactly where the power button is located since that's where your fingers are already and it would be super easy to find instead of rubbing holes in the bottom of visor trying to find them where they are.

In any case I'm holding on to mine, I'll rough it out to see if there will be any improvements.

Best Regards, Fly Safe Guys — Mike Mas

Another epic post, but at least you put some spaces so my eyes dont bleed.
Since i read your epic post, would you be good enough to show me what DJI goggles look like from inside?
There ugly as hell, so they would want to be pretty Top Gun inside..

Edit: n/m i just discovered google. I'll take litchi and my uber carboard goggles anyday.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna