DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air has been released (taking pre-orders now)

As mentioned above, the display missing from the remote concerned me too. Having the basic telemetry data on the display of the MP remote is not just handy, but can be crucial in case of the app, phone or tablet crashing or losing contact.
That was my point exactly, as i have been in that situation before, and the LCD screen has save my butt.

Reactions: Espen W
I am seeing much improved video quality over the mavic pro. Take a look at these samples.

Tom's Tech Time - Drones, Reviews, Comparisons

The 100mbps is resolving quite a bit more detail without looking over-sharpened or the muddy compression that plagues the mavic pro.

not saying that isn't the case but the iphonedo comparison review shows a side by side Mavic Air / Mavic Pro / Spark image and blows it up to 100%, 200%, and 500% and it appears the Mavic Air image is more muddy / less sharp than the Mavic Pro (its close and the Spark is far worse than either).

Last edited:
Wifi seems sketchy doesn't it? I mean....if I walk 100 feet away from my house I lose Wifi.

What kind of Wifi can reach 4km away? Does that kind of technology even exist?

I think technology is moving all the time with these things now, I have 2 motorcycle headsets admittedly they are Bluetooth but I can talk to my mate who is 2 mile up the road without a problem. I can remember when Bluetooth wouldn’t even go into the next room.
I’m in the uk aswell and was told they were being sent out on the 28th but we will see.

Ordered the white fly more on day 1.

Only question now is if this Android guy should get a refurb Apple product (thinking iPhone 6+ or mini 4). Seems like they are more stable with DJI go 4.

Only question now is if this Android guy should get a refurb Apple product (thinking iPhone 6+ or mini 4). Seems like they are more stable with DJI go 4.
Exactly what I did.

Picked up a refurbished 16GB iPad mini 4 WiFi on eBay, rock solid, not one issue. Used exclusively for the mavic.

For me spark owners are likely to upgrade (air) but for the mavic owners no or just curiosity or you got the money to burn :)

For those of you that have experience with both the MP and the Spark:
Any thoughts on stability of the Air vs. the Pro in windy conditions?

The one thing you got wrong is that the Air, in sport mode, is faster than the pro, in sport mode.
Is absolutely NOT faster than my Mavic Pro on sport mode. Factory settings yes MA 68,4Km/h and MP 65,0Km/h

But you don't have to settle for that. In no wind I fly always close to 80Km/h, tailwind even more.

Hope the Mavic 2 would be 30-50% bigger than the MP with 45min flying time and the camera from Phantom 4P.

Don't need/want a small "wannabe" Mavic with 15min actual flytime and a RC with no telemetry info. Like flying in a sack if the live feed crashes and stays down for a while. Think about it...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_