DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

I just got my Mavic Pro from Harvey Norman, Mt Barker, and when calibrating my gimbal it seems to stop and struggle around the 71 - 73% mark. Has anyone else come across this? I can't seem to find anything across other forums.

I'm not being very helpful but I have definately seen this problem reported before. Try a forum search. If your search doesn't find anything on Mavic Pilots then try a search on DJIs Mavic Forum

uts, thanks for the tip off, just went over to JB and got their last combo one, all I have to do now is unpack it and see what I have, then off to Freo tomorrow to pick up my refund.

No probs. Refund from Elk fish? That's where I was in the queue too!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

not a problem getting my refund, they did say that is was embarrassing that they could not get any manic's just yet, I said they should not be embarrassed but DLI should be, they also said they are expecting a delivery mid January, I feel sorry for them but like you guys we all waited a long while, did my first flight today, but having problems with the video quality, will look into that tomorrow, thanks for your help

Last edited:
17 November.... I Have an order with rise above but I just ordered with JB as a back up... In case of. I also know that Harvey Norman started shipping. Now we will see how long it took to Australia post to deliver... Probably 2 weeks. :D
What type of combo? Flymore or standard?

Combo flymore with 2 extra batteries etc I did not order it from JB just phoned them after I saw a post on here that they may have Mavic's, I was lucky to get the last one they had

Combo flymore with 2 extra batteries etc I did not order it from JB just phoned them after I saw a post on here that they may have Mavic's, I was lucky to get the last one they had

Cheers. I ask as I pre ordered 8/11 and still haven't received mine. If retail sales are being furfilled before preorders I will be asking JB online management why.

Sully, which store did you order yours from, although pre orders should come first.

I got this one from JB Hi-Fi | Carousel

Sully, which store did you order yours from, although pre orders should come first.

I got this one from JB Hi-Fi | Carousel
Mine was an online preorder. Their website stated would be sent 1 day prior to official release. If stores have got them before preorders which appears to be the case I'm pretty disappointed in JB.

I would also be disappointed if that happened, Elk Robotics told me that maybe JB were selling their demo models, but I cannot see DJI sending out demo of the combo with extra batteries, but then I could be wrong, I think most stores got 5 demo models.

I would contact JB online and ask them what is going on

Wombat
I have been sending emails to them and they state they only received a small shipment and all went to preorders before me. Obviously this is not the case. I'm now stuck until after Christmas to get any reply from them but it would appear to me that they have used bait advertising on their website by stating preorders would be shipped before official release. I am also awaiting a reply from the ACCC regarding this but due to the time of the year I'm not expecting a reply for quite some time.

I had mine on pre order at Elk Robotics here in Perth for 2 months and I saw a post on here that said he had got one at JB so phoned them and was lucky, looks like JB online did not tell the truth.

With te ACCC they will tell you to write to the company (reg letter) and give them 28 days to reply, it is a long winded option.

I had mine on pre order at Elk Robotics here in Perth for 2 months and I saw a post on here that said he had got one at JB so phoned them and was lucky, looks like JB online did not tell the truth.

With te ACCC they will tell you to write to the company (reg letter) and give them 28 days to reply, it is a long winded option.

Yeah I was aware of that and my order will probably arrive before I get any answer, but I will follow through just on the principal and see what the result will be. If they are going to screw over preorder customers with this practice then maybe the ACCC can do something about their order practice to prevent someone else ending up in the same boat as I.

I wish you luck with the ACCC but it is not only you that has this problem there must be more JB customers out there that are already in the same boat, but as you say it may stop their shonky practice and save others from getting into that position, if ELK are correct there should be a large distribution of Mavic's about mid Jan from DJI but we all know how unreliable they can be.
hope you get yours soon.

I wish you luck with the ACCC but it is not only you that has this problem there must be more JB customers out there that are already in the same boat, but as you say it may stop their shonky practice and save others from getting into that position, if ELK are correct there should be a large distribution of Mavic's about mid Jan from DJI but we all know how unreliable they can be.
hope you get yours soon.

I agree it won't only be myself but most probably many others. I will let the matter play out and see where I end up.

let us know how you go, keeping fingers crossed for you. have a nice day tomorrow.

Ordered from RiseAbove on 1st October and wouldn't be fulfilled till January next year :-(
Was on Mavic group on Facebook last week when someone posted that Harvey Norman Fyswick had them in stock. Rang them, bought one and cancelled my order from RA.
Had a blast flying them yesterday. Flew the same route as I did with my phantom and at the one spot, Mavic shows full strength signal for both Radio and camera where Phantom would've dropped few bars.
:)

I had a few problems with mine but now sorted, how do I calibrate and how can I change the setting for the camera view it is pointing direct ahead and needs to look down slightly and at times look directly down, will have to get the manual out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne