DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

I got mine from Elk Fish last week. I was about to cancel when they rang to say it was in store. Apparently they ordered LOADS and only got one delivered!

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Hi Daithi23,
what date did you order from Elk Robotics ?

Ordered from Rise Above on 29/9 - order around #32. It shipped last Friday, 2nd Dec and spent a week with Aust Post, delivered at lunchtime today, to Gold Coast. Charged up and flown in the simulator, really good practise. First flight tomorrow.
What are ppl doing for Public Liability Insurance? Verifly not in Australia yet, I don't think.
This is really good news, thanks for the post im #38 so hopefully should be getting mine this coming week. I dont know about public liability but if you have a home and contents policy with and insurance company i think you can get it added to it.

I ordered on the 26th Oct, last week I was 6 on the list so getting closer to seeing a Mavic in my hands.

Yeah, I feel lucky to have one, you're going to love it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app
It is not Elks fault there are a few of us still waiting, if I don't get it before Xmas I will think about cancelling and waiting until I can walk into a store and pick one up next year

Daymn, ordered on 16th Oct, the chances of me getting it before crissy and the new year are slowly fading :(

Daymn, ordered on 16th Oct, the chances of me getting it before crissy and the new year are slowly fading :(

did you order from Elk in Fremantle ?

Just spoke to rise above and turns out they wont be receiving anymore shipments for the rest of the year...i was supposed to get my order on the next batch..so cut right now

ahh that sucks, i guess im in the same boat as well, longest time waiting ever haha.

Just spoke to rise above and turns out they wont be receiving anymore shipments for the rest of the year...i was supposed to get my order on the next batch..so cut right now
That sucks...
Number one dji resseller.... ??? Just false advertising.
when did you order with them and what was your place in queue.?

That sucks...
Number one dji resseller.... ??? Just false advertising.
when did you order with them and what was your place in queue.?
I ordered October 1st and i was number 38. These guys sound so shady, one minute they have "shipment on the way" next minute no more for the year im regretting ordering through them should've gone direct.

I ordered October 1st and i was number 38. These guys sound so shady, one minute they have "shipment on the way" next minute no more for the year im regretting ordering through them should've gone direct.
I know same here except I'm 194th on list of 100 pre order:D. I got an email early this week saying they are expecting a big shippement. I think they are just trying to keep people from cancelling that all.

I know same here except I'm 194th on list of 100 pre order:D. I got an email early this week saying they are expecting a big shippement. I think they are just trying to keep people from cancelling that all.

I also ordered from Australia's "Number 1 DJI Reseller" on November 15. Received the e-mail below this morning. So far they have only shipped 30 units. Given my place in the queue and the rate that orders are being shipped I will be lucky to see my unit by Easter. From what I am reading on other sites, the USA seems to be getting preferential shipping status. Will probably be better off cancelling and ordering directly through DJI or the Apple Store.

"Thank you for your email, sorry for the delay in our response we have been inundated with enquiries and are still catching up.
You are currently sitting at #367 with close to 30 units now being shipped out to our customers. We are lead to believe that DJI are now not sending us (or any other customers/dealers) anymore shipments this year, which is disappointing.
DJI are still yet to confirm when they are likely to have all production finalised, therefore unfortunately we are unable ourselves to confirm any further ETA's.
Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
We will endeavour to keep all of our customers updated when we receive updates form DJI.

Kind Regards,"

I also ordered from Australia's "Number 1 DJI Reseller" on November 15. Received the e-mail below this morning. So far they have only shipped 30

Kind Regards,"[/I]
I was 160-something out of 100 pre-orders, and I requested cancellation on 5 Dec. Their management team is still working on that (??) so I opened a case in PayPal.

In November, I ordered with Model Flight, and I'm much further up in their queue, however, I'm quickly tiring of the wait. I'm considering canceling the order and getting a P4P. I'm just not sure that the mavic's portability is so desirable that I'll wait another couple of months for it. Coupled with all of the problems that have been reported, and in thinking that another model is a better choice.

I'm disgusted with how DJI handled the mavic's release, and the subsequent lack of communication and honesty. They are treating their dealers and customers with contempt, and are abusing their position as the number one consumer drone manufacturer. I only wish there was currently an alternative. I'd like nothing more than to see DJI's market share shrink considerably.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using MavicPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I was 160-something out of 100 pre-orders, and I requested cancellation on 5 Dec. Their management team is still working on that (??) so I opened a case in PayPal.

In November, I ordered with Model Flight, and I'm much further up in their queue, however, I'm quickly tiring of the wait. I'm considering canceling the order and getting a P4P. I'm just not sure that the mavic's portability is so desirable that I'll wait another couple of months for it. Coupled with all of the problems that have been reported, and in thinking that another model is a better choice.

I'm disgusted with how DJI handled the mavic's release, and the subsequent lack of communication and honesty. They are treating their dealers and customers with contempt, and are abusing their position as the number one consumer drone manufacturer. I only wish there was currently an alternative. I'd like nothing more than to see DJI's market share shrink considerably.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using MavicPilots mobile app

I also went with the first 100 deal from the dealer that '..has the best deal, gets the most stock soonest...' and am 134 on the list. Some people that ordered later than me from Sphere and Modelflight have received their's already! In a bit of a quandary what to do now, I already have a Phantom size drone (been building my own Pixhawk based) so probably won't go there and really like portability, quietness, etc of the Mavic. This is my first DJI experience.
Have you looked at the Autel Robotics X-Star Premium as a DJI alternative? The reviews rate it pretty well and the price is good.

When did you order from jb?
17 November.... I Have an order with rise above but I just ordered with JB as a back up... In case of. I also know that Harvey Norman started shipping. Now we will see how long it took to Australia post to deliver... Probably 2 weeks. :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga